Win 10 Upgrade preslected

Tom_S

Limp Gawd
I've seen this on several Win 7 machine today. The Win 10 upgrade shows up as an optional update and it is already checked.

EDIT: This is actually three upgrade to Win 10 updates, all with the same name but with slightly different sizes. Once you've hidden all three of them they appear to stay hidden.

Unchecking it and hiding it does no good, it comes back when you check for updates again.

Last edited:
Yep, started seeing this today. Apparently they are intent on forcing the issue and pushing it down no matter what you want. MS clearly cares nothing about the users base but wants to increase their number of installed Windows 10 devices.

Yea, just noticed this five minutes ago when I tried to install a required security update and it started to download Win10 instead. Corporate scum!

It looks like hiding the upgrade and then rebooting keeps the upgrade hidden for now.

EDIT: This is actually three upgrade to Win 10 updates, all with the same name but with slightly different sizes. Once you've hidden all three of them they appear to stay hidden.

Last edited:
Subbing to remember to turn it off on one of my laptops. I tried W10 on my Asus G72GX and the drivers for many functions including WiFi are non-existent or horribly broken. Makes the machine completely unusable.

Unchecked it and hid it last night, came back this morning selected and no longer hidden.

Back