Win 10 upgrade app?

Soarin

2[H]4U
I know there are threads on this already but I am not seeing the app at all. I have a legit copy of windows 7 pro, have the space and everything but no app is poping up for me to reserve it. Sucks because I wanted a copy.I do have the GWX folder and stuff, tried the script but no go.

No go as in nothing show sup on the taskbar at all, no icon nothing.

Run Windows Update and have it check for updates, even if it thinks there aren't any. Reboot. After awhile (a few minutes for me) the notification should appear.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think it needs to get a signal from Microsoft to activate (probably through Windows Update), and it may also be running a check that the installation of Windows is genuine (possibly during the next reboot after the signal).

AH, well I will do. I know lots are avoiding it but I want to monkey around with this update. if I do not like it, well I have a backup of my OS for just that reason.

Is the update actually installed (KB3035583) on the machine in question? They're doing the reservation thing in staggered portions; even Microsoft couldn't trigger that thing on a billion installs of Windows at one time.

As long as the update is installed (without issues) at some point in the next few days it'll kick in and you'll get the opportunity to fulfill the reservation.

the update required is an optional update.

As soon as I installed it I had the systray icon right away, I really hope tho it gives me an iso to download as I want a clean install not in place upgrade.

Yeah the update is installed but no bones. Have the GWUX.EXE file and GWX file.

I don't have the update installed, and it's not listed as an available install. Legit Windows 8 Pro didn't have it. TechNet Windows 8.1 Enterprise didn't have it. Not sure what's going on, but I can't seem to get Windows Update to show me that specific KB.

Enterprise editions aren't upgradeable in this method.

Back