Win 10 Beta driver available

It supports GTX6xx and above - which means that GTX55x (for now) is outta luck; still, considering the current state of Kepler and Maxwell pricing, it may ay be time to put Fermi on the shelf.
I suspect this is because of DirectX 12. Early reports said that DX12 supported Fermi, but that may have changed during driver development. It could also simply be that NVIDIA is priortizing the latest generation of products for W10 first, and Fermi support will come at a later date.

I suspect this is because of DirectX 12. Early reports said that DX12 supported Fermi, but that may have changed during driver development. It could also simply be that NVIDIA is priortizing the latest generation of products for W10 first, and Fermi support will come at a later date.

This link seems to indicate that Fermi will get DX12 driver support...but be the very last NVIDIA GPU generation to get it:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8962/the-directx-12-performance-preview-amd-nvidia-star-swarm/2

Works great but getting an error when I click the start menu with SLI enabled. Driver crashes and recovers. Games are running great.

"Windows Kernal Mode Driver Stopped Responding."

Happens everytime I click start menu with SLI enabled. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried these drivers with older 600 or 700 series cards to see if they actually report as DX12 in Windows 10? For some reason I don't fully trust Nvidia to deliver. I've been assuming they will eventually say you have to buy 900 series for DX12.

It supports GTX6xx and above - which means that GTX55x (for now) is outta luck; still, considering the current state of Kepler and Maxwell pricing, it may ay be time to put Fermi on the shelf.
Kinda weird that they did not include the Fermi cards in the driver even though they were mentioned as planned to support.

Has anyone tried these drivers with older 600 or 700 series cards to see if they actually report as DX12 in Windows 10? For some reason I don't fully trust Nvidia to deliver. I've been assuming they will eventually say you have to buy 900 series for DX12.

Kinda weird that they did not include the Fermi cards in the driver even though they were mentioned as planned to support.

My Fermi is a refurb (which I therefore got on the cheap) - however, you can get Original Maxwell AKA GTX750 AKA "Baby Maxwell" nearly as cheap as my refurb was when I got it. AND this is a new card, not a refurb.

One well-overdue ping on the radar is the ASUS GTX750 DirectCU Silent. It's silent for reasons that make a ton of sense - it has no fan. (However, the GTX750 in non-TI trim has a TDP of barely 38 watts; this is notebook turf. In fact, the Mobility Radeon HD5450 - which typically was packed in PCI Express and even PCI clothing sans fan - has a taller TDP than that; I still have mine in Visiontek trim.) It's a dual-slot design; however, so is the GTX550Ti - which it would replace. Unlike the GTX550Ti, it also requires no external power - it also has a full-size HDMI port (and two DP 1.2-ready Display Ports); GTX550Ti has neither. Lastly, due to it being Maxwell, it supports DX12 definitively.

And it's available today from ALL the usual suspects.

I am thinking on buy a Nvidia Titan, but.. I have a big doubt. Will be capable for Dx12 tier 2?

The issue there is more Maxwell (specifically GTX750) pricing. Let's face facts - you can get GTX750 - new, not refurbs - for $100USD or less. GTX6xx is even less. (GTX6xx is Kepler - not Fermi, while GTX750 is original Maxwell, albeit "baby Maxwell".) What your argument is is that "we're still poor" - using the economy as an excuse for not upgrading your hardware. While the driver CAN be modded to support Fermi (I did it using an .INF from the folks @ Guru3D), it won't be feature-complete on Fermi, or even Kepler. However, depending on what feature support you actually NEED, you may NOT need the absolute latest and greatest of Maxwell, for that matter.

Back