Will you buy the PS3?

PS3?

  • I will buy the $500 model

    Votes: 15 4.0%
  • I will buy the $600 model

    Votes: 70 18.6%
  • I will buy the $600 model if there are more premium accesories offered with it

    Votes: 13 3.4%
  • I will not buy a PS3 any time around launch, I will wait and see

    Votes: 136 36.1%
  • I will not buy a PS3

    Votes: 143 37.9%

  • Total voters
    377
"I will not buy a PS3".

Too much, and the type of games don't interest me.
 
im still gonna buy one. but i feel kinda weird about the ps3 now, i wanna see some really cool games. some of release games look neat and all, but i want something friggin jaw dropping and new. :eek: but nintendo has really stolen my interest lately.

but im still a sony fan boy for life. :D
 
Im going to buy as much as I can. Going to put the down payments for every gamestop, Ebgames, gameceazy, etc. for it. And im going to sell my camera gear too. (Wow im getting crazy for all this ps3 stuff.)

Buying:
Ps3 60GB model: 1 (For myself)
Ps3 20GB: 3
 
Sony failed and selling me on the PS3 the ONE DAY of the year they had the biggest chance to. I will stick with my 360 since the PS3 doesn't appear to offer anything better.

360 ftw!
 
I thought about it, but they copied everything the 360 and Wii have, so I am just going to get those respective systems for the same price as PS3.
 
The $600 model will offer more than just a larger hard drive. In addition to the larger hard drive it will feature built-in 802.11b/g wireless connectivity, HDMI output, and support for memory stick, SD, and compact flash cards.
 
Gran Turismo 5 ... er Vision Gran Turismo ... er Gran Turismo HD or whatever they end up calling it

That plus Blue Ray for the price of a regular Blue Ray drive = sold

$600 for me
 
"I will not buy a PS3 any time around launch, I will wait and see"

College owns my life. I'm not paying $500-$600 for a system I might use once or twice a week. I'll wait for it to drop in price, say $400?
 
So... the $500 PS3 doesn't have HDMI output? So... it cant play Blue-Ray movies in HD? Am I totally wrong here?
 
I am going to put in a pre-order for the $600 one as soon as EB offers it.
 
Nope. Too damn expensive... I'm in college right now and I can't spend 500+ on a console.
 
I doubt it.

I'm 90% sold on a Wii.
And I'd rather buy 10 games for that system then add another console on top of PC gaming.
 
defeintely getting the $600 b/c its just awesome, the games look excellent so far according to gamespot and $600 isnt really that much money.

I mean if average hard core computer gamer can shell out $500 for a video card then might as well bust out another $600 for a whole gaming system. Power to the rich.
 
NulloModo said:
I am going to put in a pre-order for the $600 one as soon as EB offers it.

All of the EB's by me have been taking pre-orders for about 2 months already. Might wanna check yours.
 
Doesn´t it seem like Sony is trying to create a "format" for videogames? using the same controller for almost 10 years and only upgrading what was already done.
 
Im doubting a launch purchase atm. I did not like there showing at the conference at all really. It was pretty weak. The controller design leaves much to wonder. They take out the Rumble feature to put a lousy tilt function... HUH? lol. I hope ALL games have the ablity to disable the tilt option cus that will give me some wicked headaches on a 1080p HDTV =D. Im still waiting to see what other PS3 titles cus I know the conference didn't show all of em. I'll still wait on a purchase however. The pricetag is a bit to much for something that has not shown to much up to this point.

-DarkLegacy
 
I doubt I'll get it at launch, and unless I see something that's more than the same tired games from last generation with new dresses and makeup (Tekken, MGS, Gran Turismo, etc.) I don't think I'll ever be getting one.

Unless they release a Guitar Hero 3 on it, then I'll have to.
 
Well since their ONLINE PLAY IS %100 FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

comes with a hard drive now, and network adapter - Bluetooth and wireless.......


pending on the price i would likely buy one over the 360 - mainly because of the FREE ONLINE play

I already paid my $50-$80 for a game why should i pay more just to use it over the internet.
 
I am getting the $600 one. I have never been let down by Sony, They offer me the titles that I enjoy the most always.
 
Since I don't care for the PS3 exclusives, I have no need for this console at launch. However, I do plan on buying one for casual gaming and as a blue-ray player if Blu-ray ends up winning the format war. I will still do most of my gaming on the X360 since i've already established a nice collection, decent gamerscore, and like the FPS style exclusives better. I really hope that the HD-DVD addon drive for the X360 will be as cheap as rumored. That way, I really won't be too upset if HD-DVD loses the war. Even sweeter if they win.
 
MrGuvernment said:
Well since their ONLINE PLAY IS %100 FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

comes with a hard drive now, and network adapter - Bluetooth and wireless.......


pending on the price i would likely buy one over the 360 - mainly because of the FREE ONLINE play

I already paid my $50-$80 for a game why should i pay more just to use it over the internet.

with xbox live prices dropping (for $50 a year it is already a steal) there is and will be absolutely ZERO comparison between sony's free online service and xbox live, xbox live is simply amazing, I've been in online gaming for the past 8 or so years, free server based games, mmorpg's you name it and nothing touches xbox live, I am one of the "i'll wait and see how it goes" people, PS3 really is not that intriguing to me, seeing that the games on PS3 have no HD requirement, no online requirement, and most importantly not games really appeal to me, the GT5 screenshots on gamespot look pathetic and the gameplay footage I saw at sonys press conference today made the game look like GT4 in 1080p, project gotham racing 3 is simply the most beautiful game I have ever played on console period

with the rumor of xbox360 pricing moving to $199/$299 for core/premium respectively I only see enthusaists going after the $499/$599 pricetag, because when it comes down to little timmy asking mom and dad for a playstation 3 they are going to get an xbox360 because it is cheaper and to them "they just play games whats the difference"

this generations console wars will be very interesting, I still see ps3 in control with most consoles sold but I can tell you it will be no where NEAR the control they had ps2 vs xbox
 
MrGuvernment said:
Well since their ONLINE PLAY IS %100 FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

comes with a hard drive now, and network adapter - Bluetooth and wireless.......


pending on the price i would likely buy one over the 360 - mainly because of the FREE ONLINE play

I already paid my $50-$80 for a game why should i pay more just to use it over the internet.

Heh... my online gaming is free too. I use a PC ;)
Online console gaming has yet to strike me as much of anything (this is an FPS and RTS gamer here).
 
You do realize that there has been no demostration of GT5 right? They have confirmed that all they have shown was GT4 running with better models and at 1080p... NOT GRAN TURISMO 5!

Its basically a port of the PS2 title... not a full blown from the ground up PS3 title... why compare it to PGR3?

MMORPGs on Xbox Live? You mean the single one they have? PS3 technically has two then... EQOA and FFXI since they should be able to be played on the PS3 even though they are PS2 titles... we still have to wait and see on the systems backwards compatability.

Sony stated last year that all games must support HD Resolutions and Online in some way aswell as for developers to develope their titles with Hard Drive support in mind. GT4 will use it to remove almost all loading from the game.
 
|MaguS| said:
You do realize that there has been no demostration of GT5 right? They have confirmed that all they have shown was GT4 running with better models and at 1080p... NOT GRAN TURISMO 5!

Its basically a port of the PS2 title... not a full blown from the ground up PS3 title... why compare it to PGR3?

MMORPGs on Xbox Live? You mean the single one they have? PS3 technically has two then... EQOA and FFXI since they should be able to be played on the PS3 even though they are PS2 titles... we still have to wait and see on the systems backwards compatability.

Sony stated last year that all games must support HD Resolutions and Online in some way aswell as for developers to develope their titles with Hard Drive support in mind. GT4 will use it to remove almost all loading from the game.

i'm glad that was GT4+ because I was about to cry, I was looking forward to that game

I wasn't talking about mmorpgs on xbox live i was talking about in general, and sony isn't going to win the "most truthful company award" I remember when they announced ps3 and saying it will launch in spring 06, I always laughed when I heard "ps3 will be here spring 06" in the media, from friends, and just randomly in life, but with 6 months left until launch all they have to show is this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705349p1.html I WANT TO SEE WORKING GAMES no more of this "well this is what we potentially can have, check out this PS2 game in high def!!" i'm getting sick of this sony crap
 
Lukes Wall said:
Doesn´t it seem like Sony is trying to create a "format" for videogames? using the same controller for almost 10 years and only upgrading what was already done.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Or are you saying you'd rather have the boomerang? :p

And video game format wars are more common than you think; remember almost ten years ago with the original Playstation? The end of the cartridge as we knew it, at least for the home console.
 
They showed alot of working games during the conference (afterwards all the attendee's got to play)... They had an entire segment on it. There will be more shown on the floor at E3 though.
 
A lot of working games mixed with a lot of pre-rendered video.
 
Darakian said:
A lot of working games mixed with a lot of pre-rendered video.

Not much was prerendered this time around... many games shown had both ingame and FMV going. Like FFXIII, It showed a CGI Intro and then gameplay... MGS4 was totally realtime aswell as LAIR and the Insomniac game.
 
I'm one of those guys who just wants a gaming console. Not a super multimedia thing of doom... I'll wait until the price comes down...

A lot.
 
Coldtronius said:
I'll buy a 360 before I buy a PS3.

I wouldn't. Just looking at the PS3 screenshots over at gamespot..wow. There's real power there, and the games actually look next-gen. Alot of the xbox360 games just seem like a marginal improvement over the last generation; they just don't have the kind of crisp visuals and refined quality that you would expect from a console launched in 2006.

The PS3 is bringing the real High Definition era to consoles. There's alot of difference between just running at 1280x720, and having visuals that really exemplify what next-gen is all about. Don't get the Xbox360, you'll be sorely dissappointed. It costs less, but you get what you pay for.
 
MrGuvernment said:
Well since their ONLINE PLAY IS %100 FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

comes with a hard drive now, and network adapter - Bluetooth and wireless.......


pending on the price i would likely buy one over the 360 - mainly because of the FREE ONLINE play

I already paid my $50-$80 for a game why should i pay more just to use it over the internet.
Where do you see GAMING is free? All their services but gaming are going to be free, just like xbox silver, atleast that's what it seems like. It's the only thing they didn't mention in their free services list.
 
|MaguS| said:
Not much was prerendered this time around... many games shown had both ingame and FMV going. Like FFXIII, It showed a CGI Intro and then gameplay... MGS4 was totally realtime aswell as LAIR and the Insomniac game.

I question LAIR and I really don't remember Insomniac. The 8 day clip was mostly what I was refering to as it switched from CG to gameplay many times.
 
From what I saw tonight during Sonys 'big' press event, the 360 is a better console for the money and its been out for 6 MONTHS. :eek:

Kudos to Microsoft for pulling that off.
 
Back
Top