Votes: 69 25.9%
  • Yes, but only when I'm eligible for upgrade

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • No, I'm keeping my current phone

Votes: 107 40.2%
  • No, I am purchasing a different phone

Votes: 58 21.8%

• Total voters
Unlike Android users who can't be satisfied with what they have and always want something more :p, I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 4. I don't even feel the need to upgrade to the 4s unless it breaks.

Yes, unsubsidized (Contracting in Afghanistan for the next few years). I just need to see the prices for each model unsubsidized, I'll probably get the 32GB. (Current 3GS owner, unlocked on old modem baseband).

Edit: Someone posted the prices earlier in the thread. Screw it, may as well get the 64GB with AppleCare+.

Last edited:
lol there's always people that will be unsatisfied

What I find funny is that people don't like that there was no iphone 5 with the best in the world hardware type of specs... 2Ghz dual core cpu with a 4.5 inch screen etc etc
I don't think the iphone or apple has ever been in the hardware race like the rest of the smart phones. I don't think that even applies to the rest of their hardware buisness aka pc's. So why act surprised when the iPhone 4S isn't surpassing the rest of the industry in hardware by a large margin?

Yeah Samsung might have an even better phone (hardware wise) in 4 months but I don't really want to use android. Maybe I like using iOS. This is [H] but there's a bigger picture and not just hardware.
It comes down to personal prefference. If you like jumping ship go right ahead.

Anyways...I'll be getting the iPhone 4S. My 3GS got messed up so I had to go back to the 2G :( and that's going to make the 4S feel even better lol.

Last edited:
Meh, no real reason too. Just upgraded my 3G to the 3Gs, for ONE reason, iOS5. I dont need a 8mb camera, I have a camera, I don't need a dual core chip, my iphone runs just fine. I dont need to spend a couple hundred bucks, my upgrade was free. =) Ill wait for an iPhone 5.

As long as the iPhone 4 performs well running iOS5, I'm staying with what I have. We'd better not have a repeat of the 3G+iOS4 issues.

Owner of 3G,3GS and 4. Holding up to the end of Oct see what Nokia has to offer.

Personaly would be satisfied by > 1.2Ghz dual core, 720P 4" screen, Mango. But just a dream so far :(

Still loving iPhone 4, I don't really see a reason for me to upgrade to a 4S yet. As it stands now, I'll wait for an iPhone 5.

Time to leave Blackberry and I have a number of apps purchased for my iPad which should transfer over to the iPhone. I was hoping for 4G and a larger screen but its nice to know that the form factor will play nice with some hardware I have seen for a bike computer (wahoo). I also know that they hold their value really well so I could always sell in a year if the next version has the upgrades I want.

I wouldn't upgrade from a 4. Siri is a bit to gimmicky for me. I already hate listening to people talk on their phone. The last thing we need is people talking TO their phone although it could be funny to dictate a rather unusual list of items to pick up at a later time. It would be handy for hands free operation in the car, though. Since the previous gen of Iphone hardware generally plays nice with the next OS upgrade, I would think that the 4 would still perform without problem until next years version arrives.

Last edited:
I like the screen resolution of the iPhone 4/4S. Does any other smartphone have that kind of resolution or even higher?

I originally voted for buying a different phone but now I'd prob. change my vote to Yes. I just love my iPhone 4 and it compliments my macbook and iMac so well at home and when I'm on the go. If I'm going to buy a new phone then I'm prob. sticking with what I've enjoyed and never had a negative experience with in terms of usability, service and recreation.

I see everyone complaining about not getting a bigger screen; I must be the only one who DOESN'T want a bigger screen, phones are getting too big and heavy.

I'm a little split on the 4S. On one hand, Siri is fantastic, and the improved performance is always welcome. On the other hand, I'm very happy with my current iPhone 4, I don't game too much (so the 7x better graphical performance is meaningless to me), and I don't take too many pictures so the improved camera doesn't matter much to me either. I need a little more time to think this over.

My immediate family is still on the 3GS, and I'm definitely pushing them to upgrade to the 4S.

I'd be happy with a 3.75" screen, but a 4" would be pushing it. Any larger, and I would look for a different phone. I don't need a portable PC on my hip.

How big can the screens get before it is no longer a phone? Lets face it, technology is being upgraded at a very fast rate. Will we have 8" screens on our phones by 2016? At what point is big enough for everybody on this thread who wants a bigger screen? I know that manufacturers want to leapfrog the competition, but there will come a point where screensize no longer matters.

For me, 4" is the uppermost limit. I want pocket carry capability in addition to using a case.

Not worth it. I am actually quite disappointed in it. It's just not worth the money. I'll get the next iteration or I'll just get something from android. The new Nexus Prime is intriguing.

No. The iPhone 4S announcement makes me feel really happy about deciding to go with a Samsung Galaxy S2 a few weeks ago.

i voted yes. i've had my 3GS since they were released a little over 2 years ago so i've been eligible for an upgrade for a while. plus i'm one of those people that hates phone cases so mine's beat to hell.

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until April. Went from an iPhone3G to an Android phone. Love Android, hate the phone makers with a passion, and want to go back to iPhone. If there is no news of anything else on the horizon like an iPhone 5 come April, I'll be getting the 4s.

A better question is who has owned both an Android and iPhone device and which do they prefer? I think many of the comments in this forum are from people who owned one or the other, so they have a dog in the fight to justify their purchase.

Android is the epitome of cumbersome and feels thrown together, just like any Linux OS. I had a Droid. Regardless of hardware specs, I haven't used a phone more fluid than my iPhone 4. I'm sure the iPhone 4s will be even better.

Android I think is more powerful but let's face it, the iOS interface is beautiful and has been beautiful since its creation. Apple has always had a penchant for intuitiveness in their devices and the iPhone 4 is no different. I've used both and the iPhone has an excitement about it not shared by Android devices. The iphone has personality, it's interesting both in its software features and its design. Let's face it, the iPhone is pretty. Android is just software so it will never be the total package.

I see everyone complaining about not getting a bigger screen; I must be the only one who DOESN'T want a bigger screen, phones are getting too big and heavy.

thats because we aren't using them as phones most of the time anymore. we use them as casual computer replacements with touch screens

I thought it was perfect as well, until my work gave me a Samsung Galaxy S a few months ago. The 4 inch screen is perfect size for me and keeps the overall phone size comfortable. It was the ONLY feature I wanted for the new iPhone. They could have kept the same specs as the 4 and I would have been satisified.

I've been waiting for a new iPhone for 3 years. I'm hanging on to my terribly laggy iPhone 3G. I waited for the white iPhone 4, and it came too late - so I thought "thats fine, I'll just wait for the iPhone 5."

Well, it looks like the iPhone 5 isn't coming anytime soon. I think it's time to jump ship. In fact, I've been disappointed with Apple development lately, and it may be time to switch back to Windows as well.

I have the first-gen iPhone with the unlimited data plan. I was willing to give it up for the iPhone 5. 4S is not the number 5. 5 is a much cooler number. So I will wait. (I hear it has the 4Gs, and the WiFis!)

To be honest the iPhone 4 is he first phone I've had that I am not itching to exchange for something new. While I'd love to have a faster and more capable phone I really have no need so as it stands now I'll wait, Maybe I'll upgrade for iPhone 5.

Nope. Not personally anyway. Work might stick one to me, but I do my best not to ever ever buy a phone of any kind.

Absolutely, upgraded capacity has me sold alone, I've gotten all of the iPhones day 1 and this one won't be any different, I alternate upgrades with my mother and she gets my old phones as her upgrade.

Mine is ordered thru my mobile phone provider. The 4s is everything i wanted the 4 to be, but i didnt see the point to change my 3gs.

cant wait!

I love my 4, so I'll wait for the next big update.

Same here. My iPhone 4 runs great in ios5 and my iPad 2 has the exact same internals as the 4s, so I don't see any reason to upgrade at this point. The camera sounds nice, but honestly, the phone in the iphone4 still takes outstanding pictures.

I just hope that the JB community finds a way to enable Siri on older hardware

Back