Will this work? techinically?

yang88she

2[H]4U
Current setup:

3 x Dell 2007 FP in Eyefinity w/ a single ATi 5850 w/ my Asus P5Q Delux

Can I add a cheap nvidia card ie. 9500 GT and power my Dell 3007?

or Can I add a 5650 or lower end ATi 5 Series GPU to power the 3007 w/ out disrupting my eyefinity...

ie. still have the 3007 on, and game on the 3x2007's while gaming?

technically it should work...but was wondering if anyone else had any experience, as I can pick up a cheap low end nvidia card on CL or just pick up an additional 5850 or lower end 5 series card

TIA

Current setup:

3 x Dell 2007 FP in Eyefinity w/ a single ATi 5850 w/ my Asus P5Q Delux

Can I add a cheap nvidia card ie. 9500 GT and power my Dell 3007?

or Can I add a 5650 or lower end ATi 5 Series GPU to power the 3007 w/ out disrupting my eyefinity...

ie. still have the 3007 on, and game on the 3x2007's while gaming?

technically it should work...but was wondering if anyone else had any experience, as I can pick up a cheap low end nvidia card on CL or just pick up an additional 5850 or lower end 5 series card

TIA

This should be possible as long as your eyefinity is set up on the primary card and the secondary card powers the 30 inch display and you only run your games on the eyefinity display, I haven't tried this but I expect it to work. I'd stick with an AMD card as a secondary solution unless you already own an nvidia card. They should work together but may take some work to get going.

Will post back this weekend, as I am going to remove a 9500gt from my wife rig ...crosses fingers

Is there any particular reason you want to go with one NVIDIA card and one ATI card?

I would go with a second ATI card to avoid having to run both NVIDIA's and ATI's drivers. Otherwise you're asking for trouble. But I'm also the type of person who takes the path of least resistance.

But as long as you're not running Windows XP, you can run both drivers. I think Vista can do it, I know Windows 7 can do it.

Is there any particular reason you want to go with one NVIDIA card and one ATI card?

I would go with a second ATI card to avoid having to run both NVIDIA's and ATI's drivers. Otherwise you're asking for trouble. But I'm also the type of person who takes the path of least resistance.

But as long as you're not running Windows XP, you can run both drivers. I think Vista can do it, I know Windows 7 can do it.

I believe because he has a nvidia card in another build so it's free vs buying another ati card.

I'm not sure you can run eyenfinity AND a 4th display not connected to the above all while using only AMD cards (or Nvidia only cards). It's a really odd setup. I'd be interested in hearing the results though. It would make sense to work if you used 2 sets of drivers. I'd try the wife's card and then go from their based on the results.

So it works!

2x2007's + 1x2001 (until I get my 3rd 2007 next week) on a xfx 5850
1x3007 on a pny 9500gt

imag0410.jpg

imag0413.jpg

CSS eyefinity hacks! far left screen, I can see who's coming and going from long A double doors lol
imag0412i.jpg

Back