• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will this void my warranty?

computersmakemeQQ

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
164
:confused:

Hi all:

I originally was planning to "sleeve" my cables with electrical tape; however, a large group of people told me it would turn out as a sticky, gluey mess. Some other member mentioned using RIT dye to dye the cables (I take no credit for the idea). It involves soaking the cables in hot dye and then rinsing them off. Will this void my warranty?

Also, if anyone has experience with this, is it okay just to soak the cables in cold dye?

TL;DR: Will dying my cables void my warranty? (I have a Corsair TX650, dunno if it will make a difference). Does anyone have experience with RIT dye?
 
Why the would you want to do this for? It sounds like a completely dumb idea with no benefit, and yes, I think it would void your warranty.
 
yes it will void your warranty, I would just use a sleeving like the rest of us do :)
 
Back
Top