• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will this video card fit?

waste of money. 120 for a OLD gfx is a waste but yes i think it would fit
 
ascoot said:
well idk what to do, im looking to spend ~150 and i want to play bf2
Look for a a GeForce 6600. Should do the trick for about the same amount of money.
 
Get a 9800 Pro 128 from newegg.com I've used this card in the past with suprisingly enoyable results..

1280x1024
everything low
medium textures
drawdistance 100%


or a 6600GT (what every is handy, they should be around the same price)
 
Google it.... You have a Pci-express mobo so use it. Dont waste time goin from onboard to crap. Especially for bf2
150 would get u a 6600gt I think even so spend 5-20 more if not...
edit beaten.... And 4 dollars more :p
 
definately go with 6600GT if you can spend $150, or a 6800 if you can spend a little more.
 
You can find deals in the FS/FT forum on 6600GT PCI-e's too. That is where I got mine. :)
 
Meh now that teh X800GT is out I would rather have that due to its speed. a 6600GT couldnt even use SM3.0 and HDR and all that noise. Of course if your willing to spend more money I would rather go for a 6800NU thats a good card and in this situation I would rather have it than either the X800GT or the 6600GT.
 
Funny all these recommendations on a new card but no one told this poor sap that the 9250 won't even play BF2. The card only supports DX 8.1 and BF2 needs a DX 9.0 compliant card. Before anyone goes off on a rant yes I've heard the 8500 and Ti series can play the game with some tweaks.
 
NEVER buy a video card at a retail store.

SOMETIMES, top of the line cards are about the same price
(usually higher though) in a retail store as they are online,
but older cards like that are way-rediculously overpriced.
 
rfwinters77 said:
NEVER buy a video card at a retail store.

SOMETIMES, top of the line cards are about the same price
(usually higher though) in a retail store as they are online,
but older cards like that are way-rediculously overpriced.
Yeah, I remember one month after the 6800 was released, some store like CompUSA still had the Geforce 5950 Ultra for $500.
 
LOL - buying a video card at Best Buy...good stuff. Ascoot, go to the top of this window and click the 'newegg' banner. Don't shop anywhere else. 6600 would be an excellent bet and will play BF2 very well. I don't know how much ram you have, but if you have less than 1 Gig, you need to upgrade that, as well.

You beat me to it, Major. Poor guy was about to dump dough on a card that wouldn't even work - lol.
 
Back
Top