• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will this sub interfere with my CRT/PC?

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I'm going to Best Buy this week and I've got my sights set on the Sub-10 for my PC setup. The sub will go under my desk, the very top of the sub is 10.5-11" from the top of the desk. It will be a little under 2ft away from my PC.

What I'm worried about is the sub damaging my CRT/PC with magnetic interference. The sub is downfiring so the magnet itself is actually farther than 11" from the top of my desk but I'm still a little worried.

My Klipsch PM Ultra sub wasn't shielded though and that was fine, that had dual 8" drivers. The Sub-10 has one 10". Anyone have experience using big HT subs for PCs?(the dimensions are around 18"D, 14" W, 17"H)
 
i read elseware on the forums that it should be about 3 feet from the computer, but i have no problems with mine 8 inch sub (Logi. Z2300) being bout 2 feet from my comp, and i have my CRT bout 3- 3.5 feet from it, i havent noticed anything unusall about performance, dicoloration, etc, so you should be fine. ;)
 
my z-5500's 1.5 feet away from my monitor and it's fine.. any closer and I can see a hint of distortion.
 
Ok, I'm going to play it safe because I'm cutting it close with the magnet itself probably being a tiny bit more than 1'6"~1'11"ft away so it looks like my Viewsonic A90f is going to have to be a test dummy :D
 
Back
Top