Will this display port adapter work with eyefinity?

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
I have been looking to get into eyefinity and was looking around for adapters to try and get it working with what i have... And i was looking around and found this adapter on ebay, and i was wondering if will work with my HDMI TV/Monitor. If so, that would be sweet, because this little adapter looks useful in the future.

Which brings me to my next question. Will a display that comes up as a TV in drivers be able to work with eyefinity? :confused: Its a Hannspree HF229H Looks just like a monitor...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
well shit, i just got this monitor, and just figured out it goes to 1680 x 1050. Probably not the best for eyefinity... Screw it. Well will i be able to extend it with the adapter then?

Last edited:
Well if you only need to push 1680x1050 then you should be able to get away with a passive DP to DVI / VGA adapter.

I tried the adapter you linked a couple years ago and it was a bit hit and miss. I needed to plug it into a USB power adapter to give it sufficient power.

Try out the passive adapters for that res, should give you no trouble at all.

Thanks for the reply. The monitor has HDMI and VGA inputs only. So a DP to HDMI passive adapter will work? Or VGA, it shouldn't matter. I just want the desktop space :)

I personally would go with an Active miniDP to DVI adapter that is known to work and just get a DVI to HDMI cable.

Hmm, that could work as well. Thanks. :)

But, of course im looking for the best deal. I really don't think you should even have to do all this adapter crap.. lol..

Also that gve me another question, could i use a DVI to VGA adapter with and active/passive adapter?

I'm new to this DisplayPort stuff...

Back