• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will this cpu fit ???

Yes that CPU will work fine with your Motherboard.

All LGA775 CPUs up until now will work fine, including the new 45nm series :) So any of the following:

Core2 Quad
Core2 Extreme
Core2 Duo
Pentium Extreme
Pentium D
Pentium 4 Processors

I hope this helps :)
 
Maybe he is on a strict budget... a very very strict one. Or maybe he just has one laying around and it's all the processing power he needs? I could personally use a Pentium 4 fine for the tasks i do today... including games considering i've seen even Pentium 3s run Crysis tweaked without lag... lowest settings ofcourse but still, we don't all need incredible amounts of processing power, especially if we don't play games or not very often :)
 
For the same price, you can get the E1200 that would probably be better then that P4, and you wouldn't have to buy a processor from ebay. But you should probably just get a E2180 because it would make a much better budget processor.
 
Maybe he blew all his money on a good board and is wondering if he can use a P4 until he can get his quad core extreme on? :p

Pentium Dual Cores are based on Core/Core 2 so i'd prefer one of those over a P4 since it's faster per clock and has two cores :)
 
I already have the E8600 wolfdale...I bought this cpu so I could update the bios to use my newer cpu, the pentium 4 is going to allow me to do so...Thanks 4 the info though....:cool:

Bye.
I
 
I also recommend getting an Allendale for about $20 more and OCing it.
 
Back
Top