• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will this cool my 8800GTS?

BrandonB

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
2,490
Hello guys,

I was thinking about getting a MCW60 waterblock, 2 sets of these 1 set of these and finally the adapter plate for the MCW60, it comes out to be 87.07 total for all that.

My question is do you think this will cool the card fine?

Thanks in advance.
 
It will cool the GPU just fine but you will need some major fan action to cool the RAM, MOSETS, and NVIO. I'd suggest a quality full cover cooler anyday over these.
 
It will cool the GPU just fine but you will need some major fan action to cool the RAM, MOSETS, and NVIO. I'd suggest a quality full cover cooler anyday over these.

Hmm, I was looking at getting the Koolance 8800GTS block, it covers the whole thing. Is this a good block? I would rather have the EK block but they are always out of stock =(, however the Koolance blocks will be back in stock on the 8th.
 
Hmm, I was looking at getting the Koolance 8800GTS block, it covers the whole thing. Is this a good block? I would rather have the EK block but they are always out of stock =(, however the Koolance blocks will be back in stock on the 8th.

Koolance is OK. You'll get better load temps by about 15'c, and it'll be silent.

I've got the MCW60 action going on, and that little RAMDAC off to the side gets HOT AS HELL. Like, the rest of the Ramsinks are FINE, but that things HSF was reaching about 80c load (thermohawk keychain thermometer that reads boiling water at 99.7c) without a fan. I made a larger HSF for it, and have a 60mm fan pointed at it (5v) and it's in the mid 50s.
 
Koolance is OK. You'll get better load temps by about 15'c, and it'll be silent.

I've got the MCW60 action going on, and that little RAMDAC off to the side gets HOT AS HELL. Like, the rest of the Ramsinks are FINE, but that things HSF was reaching about 80c load (thermohawk keychain thermometer that reads boiling water at 99.7c) without a fan. I made a larger HSF for it, and have a 60mm fan pointed at it (5v) and it's in the mid 50s.

Well I was thinking that not only will it make the card cooler but it will decrease my ambient temps dramatically, thus lowering the temps of everything else.
 
I've been working with the Koolance GTS block for about a week now and I'd heartily recommend waiting for the Danger Den block to hit production, or for the EK to arrive in the States. All three brands are not available at the moment, AFAIK.

The Koolance is decent, but I doubt it will ever perform at the level of the DD or EK blocks. The quality just isn't there, IMO, but it is better than air cooling a lot more quiet. If you really really want a Koolance block, I will sell mine cheap. ;)

See related thread in this forum for my experience to this point...


Tom
 
BTW, I have another brand new, unopened Koolance block sitting here because they botched the shipping initially and sent another one out via next day service. I will of course be sending that one back (maybe this one too).
 
BTW, I have another brand new, unopened Koolance block sitting here because they botched the shipping initially and sent another one out via next day service. I will of course be sending that one back (maybe this one too).

I read your review, it seems that you were having somewhat poor performance, however my IDLE temps on air is 65c, so I think that block would help alot. I'm also not overclocking. Tell me your price on the Koolance block and I'll think about it, I'll probably get it if the price is right, hehe.
 
Back
Top