Will this Cool enough while OC'ed

Looking to overclock it to about 3.6 it should be able to push farther but heating is an issue due to location. Not sure if I want to go the watercooling route but will if it is that much better

I am cooling my 955BE with a Zalman 9500. My CPU is overclocked to 3.8 on stock voltages and runs fairly cool. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but they are well within the comfort zone when fully loaded.

There's no reason not to get an H50. The pre-made wc kits are pretty easy to use these days and they're pretty affordable.
I've heard that the H70 actually has cable length reach issues so it's not an auto-recommend it depends on if it will fit your case.

If you're going for air-cooling that's not the one I'd get though, there are much better options available.
Venomous X, DH 14, and Megahalem are all better.
What kind of case do you have though?
Is clearance with your memory sticks going to be an issue?

Looking to overclock it to about 3.6 it should be able to push farther but heating is an issue due to location. Not sure if I want to go the watercooling route but will if it is that much better

Save yourself some money on a WC rig. That's not that bad of an oc. I would think your original choice will do just fine.

You can spend more for the top tiers if you are planning a higher OC.

Last edited:
well for the moment my case is an antec 300 but i am in the process of making a custom built case so i am trying to avoid water cooling just so i dont have to mod it more to handle it.

Back