• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will this configuration work properly?

Ryan_F

n00b
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
8
I've got a 10/100 wireless router, and a planning on getting a gigabit unmanaged switch connected to one of the router's ports. To the gigabit switch, I will have 2 PC's each with gigabit NIC's.

Will the 2 PC's connected via the switch have full gigabit transfer speed, or does the traffic need to go through the 10/100 router, introducing a bottleneck?
 
They will get full gigabit connectivity, the only time you will traverse the router is when you want to be getting out to the internet.
 
Perfect! I had assumed this was the case, but my understanding of network topologies is a bit rusty.
 
Back
Top