liquidtrance123
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Aug 29, 2000
- Messages
- 2,395
I have a dually 500mhz with 512mb of ram, i was wondering if i set affinity to run an instance of FAH on each CPU would it be fast enough to finish both WU's in time?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I don't know about that. I have a dual 233MMX that I tried running F@H WUs when I initially set it up a couple of months ago. KDFold, my monitoring program, displayed a finish time of several months for some of the biggest WUs. That would exceed the deadline. I have it running G@H WUs now instead.Originally posted by Tigerbiten:
Anything over 200 Mhz should finish the work units in time if running 24/7.
WARNINGOriginally posted by BlownFuse
Machine ID's are set in the client.cfg file. You will have a config file for each instance you are running ( run them in separate folders ).
Edit the file in the second instance so it reads "machineid=2" ( the first instance will say "machineid=1", in it's config file ).
Then I run them both with the "-local" flag.
So if I turn it in in 21 days it's good for science, after that, up to March 3, it's good for credit only.Current Work Unit
-----------------
Name: p683_TZ2_NAT_EXP
Download time: January 23 16:57:30
Due time: March 3 16:57:30
Progress: 2% [__________]
Each work unit is benchmarked on a dedicated 500 MHz Celeron machine without SSE/3DNow. We look at how many days it takes, and multiply this by 2.5.
But which is better for legacy systems? G@H or F@H WUs??Originally posted by Celerator:
My experience is that a 200 Mhz cpu will complete WUs within the time limit if 24/7 and limited other use, except for those proteins that are 18-pointers. Those have a short time limit, and EMIII reliably reports they won't make the deadline. Indeed, even 333's won't make the deadline for those 18-point WUs.
Originally posted by liquidtrance123
So would i be able to run dual instances by setting affinty/machine IDs? one instance to each 500mhz cpu?