• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will there be a socket 2011 IVY-E?

olsonpm

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
135
Does someone here know the fact's on this. Many here stay very up to date on Intels' "roadmap" and I need to know.
I've been planning a SB-E build and have read many comment's that an IVY-E is slated for Q4 - 2012.
Today, however, I've read a couple comment's on other forum's that no socket 2011 IVY-E has yet to show up on any Intel roadmap even though chip's slated to be relased later in time have shown up.
If there will be an IVY-E my current plan is to base my new X79 build on the i7-3820 with the IVY-E planned as a drop in upgrade a year or so down the road. If there will not be an IVY-E, I would probably go i7-3930 when I do the build.
Thank's in advance for any info on this.
 
I do believe that x79 is already an enthusiast socket. So no there wont be as its already a non mainstream part.
 
I do believe that x79 is already an enthusiast socket. So no there wont be as its already a non mainstream part.

The question is will there be an IVY-E not whether lga2011 / x79 will become a mainstream part.
 
Of course it will.

Just like 32nm Sandy Bridge is spread over 2 platforms (LGA 1155 and LGA 2011), so will Ivy Bridge come to the SAME sockets.

Ivy Bridge is not a new architecture, just a Sandy Die shrink. Technically, Ivy is Sandy on a different manufacturing process.
 
Almost certainly, but Intel hasn't publicly discussed their roadmap in detail that far into the future.
 
Back
Top