Will there be a Battlefield 2142(3) on Frostbite?

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
Battlefield 2142 was a lot of fun for me. It's nice to have a break from all the real stuff once in a while, and just jump into the futuristic setting with a refreshing set of new weapons/vehicles. Titan mode was a lot of fun too.

I'm wondering if DICE has plans for a sequel in the horizon.

Despite what some people say, I actually liked 2142. I hope there is a followup game to it.

Youd be surprised how many people liked it. I did. I actually missed the boat for whatever reason on Battlefield 2. So when a friend offered me a copy to co-op Battlefield 2142 I jumped in and loved it. I later went back to Battlefield 2 and was driven crazy by the obsession with prone in that game. Sometime you should look up the jumping prone fight video on youtube. It was that bad.

They killed the prone appeal in BF3 but frankly I could do without it altogether. I also loved Bad Company 2 far more than BF3 and people think I'm crazy.

I don't think you're crazy. Bad Company 2 was pretty fun. Harder to level up (for me). But it's the modern warfare that's gotten old, which is the point of this thread.

I don't think you're crazy. Bad Company 2 was pretty fun. Harder to level up (for me). But it's the modern warfare that's gotten old, which is the point of this thread.

Im really curious about blackops II which is supposed to be future war and include Vehicles. Sounds intriguing.

Another Call of Duty game that sounds intriguing to you? I don't know about you but it doesn't look like a distant future (from now) setting. Me want moar guns that shoots bullets with laser-like projectiles.

Rest assured, if there is, it will be a console version and resemble nothing of the original game.

Good luck with that.

I guess it's a trend now. We need to make a time machine and then correct all of the mistakes.

future is cool but nothing is better then ww2 in my eyes.

i want a frostbite 2 ww2 game with vehicles. especially with destructible buildings... bolt action rifles are amazing.

future is cool but nothing is better then ww2 in my eyes.

i want a frostbite 2 ww2 game with vehicles. especially with destructible buildings... bolt action rifles are amazing.

This. Bring back carriers, subs, destroyers, bigger dogfights..

Youd be surprised how many people liked it. I did. I actually missed the boat for whatever reason on Battlefield 2. So when a friend offered me a copy to co-op Battlefield 2142 I jumped in and loved it. I later went back to Battlefield 2 and was driven crazy by the obsession with prone in that game. Sometime you should look up the jumping prone fight video on youtube. It was that bad.

They killed the prone appeal in BF3 but frankly I could do without it altogether. I also loved Bad Company 2 far more than BF3 and people think I'm crazy.

I always wanted to make a Battlefield video about a squad that swam around like dolphins (i.e. prone surfing-dolphin diving)

completely agree on BFBC2>BF3 and expect to take a flashlight in the eyes for it :rolleyes:

I loved 2142, more so that BF2 even. sadly BF died after 2142...

2142 was the most balanced one they made.

I suspect BF will never be like the 2142,2,V,42 style again.. it will continue to be dumb downed shit.

OMG I wish they'd release a Battlefield 2143!! 2142 was by far my favorite of the series.. edging 1942 by a slim margin of course (love ww2 games as well). BF2 didn't get me as well as 2142. Alot of friends were hooked on BF2 but there was someting about 2142 that just got me hooked, whether it was the upgrades, the maps, the modes, just something felt much more addicting to me. How I wish there was a sequel, but knowing EA they'd pull a BF 1943 on us and never release it on the PC :/

its like nobody remembers the epicness of normandy beach maps

Midway was my fav map. I remember nearly failing my first or second semester of college mainly because of Wake Island pre-release demo.

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun with 2142 as well - although I do remember it being quite buggy in the beginning.

If they came out with a sequel, I'd consider it but for now I'm not playing anything

day of defeat the original had a really good normandy beach too i felt

dodomaha0000.jpg

Good times...

I like Bad Company 2 more than Battlefield 3 as well and I wish a Bad Company 3 was made or that BF3's single player was a continuation of that. I can't understand the need to latch a SP mode onto BF3.

Also, I don't think BLOPs 2 is actually going to be anything like BF 2142. It looks like BLOPs with a new skin added to it to me.

The normandy map was awesome.. storming that beach was hell . lol. i miss being able to take command of the subs.. 1942 had it all.

Bad Company 2 wasn't that bad either, I bought that on a whim and actually enjoyed it, to my surprise. lol

The normandy map was awesome.. storming that beach was hell . lol. i miss being able to take command of the subs.. 1942 had it all.

Bad Company 2 wasn't that bad either, I bought that on a whim and actually enjoyed it, to my surprise. lol

same BC2 was really good I thought. I liked a lot about it although I did feel that some of the maps had some really one sided advantages.

Bad Company 2 was a superior game IMO. It still involved some strategy, unlike BF3. BF3 just felt too fast paced like it was purposefully trying to meet the BF expectations while mixing in some CoD which didn't end that well...

I do know BF4 will be out next year, and EA saying that BF games would be coming out every other year in some form.

BF 2142 was actually really different from the other since it introduced the upgrades on the guns. It was actually really fun, but honestly I have no idea what my username/password are anymore. I always had issues with both BF2 and 2142 with my accounts.

I wonder how 2142 would run on my current setup.. let alone if anyone still plays it these days...

Battlefield 2142 was a lot of fun for me. It's nice to have a break from all the real stuff once in a while, and just jump into the futuristic setting with a refreshing set of new weapons/vehicles. Titan mode was a lot of fun too.

I'm wondering if DICE has plans for a sequel in the horizon.

Titan was the only mode I really played with 2142. I loved it. Wish they'd do another with that mode.

I never really got into the game, then again I didn't have anyone to try to play it with.

Titan was the only mode I really played with 2142. I loved it. Wish they'd do another with that mode.

Titan mode was what i played all the time as well. was alot of fun when trying to over take the enemy titan.. especially when they had it nicely defended inside.. made for some tight battles.. although it could be frustrating when coming in from the topside and having to fall into the main area with the halls on either side.. my friend and i spent so much time together on that mode.. omg I want to play that again lol

BF 2142 was and still is my favorite and I've been playing since Desert Combat.

If they make BF 2143 it will be a day 0 buy for me.

BF 2142 was actually really different from the other since it introduced the upgrades on the guns. It was actually really fun, but honestly I have no idea what my username/password are anymore. I always had issues with both BF2 and 2142 with my accounts.

at the same time the upgrades were balanced and didn't make you a major power house. and it wasnt really upgrades, just choices. Now there is a million and one different things and many of them give you an edge over other players.

at the same time the upgrades were balanced and didn't make you a major power house. and it wasnt really upgrades, just choices. Now there is a million and one different things and many of them give you an edge over other players.

+1 With the different paths you could take on those upgrades you could truly set your soldier up to fit your playing style. And as you said nobody ever became a powerhouse. it was one of the games that i thought teamwork really mattered, especially when the commander (can't remember if that's what the positions title was) lol calling out help for squads taking over objectives, or even resupplys or airstrikes properly made a huge difference. No battlefield game since then i feel has brought that to the table

Back