Will the [H] review the Maximus VI Impact?

Ruoh

Supreme [H]ardness
My tastes over time are changing when it comes to computer hardware, and I was wondering if HardOCP will be reviewing this new mini ITX board.

They usually review most asus motherboards, so it would not surprise me if they do. The impact is not available in the u.s. as of this moment (available in europe).

I'm anxiously waiting for some reviews, specifically when it comes to audio quality since they're making a big deal about it's sound solution. Would love to build up a sff with a discrete gpu and decent sound quality.

Yea, would also love to know about it. Not much out there and its not easy to find yet

I have been eyeballing it and the only place that is selling it right now is SuperBiiz for $214.99.

If all you need is one video card this mother board packs a ton of features.

I paid around $200 for the Gigabyte Z87X-OC which is marketed as being a great full size mother board for over clocking but it is weak in features compared to this ITX monster.

The Maximus VI Impact packs a comparable VRM design for power cpu over clocks and it has audio, wireless, M2 SSD support and from what I have been reading the new Maximus VI Impact also has the new C2 revision on the chipset.

I know reviews help alot but without reading a review and looking at all the high quality parts and features of the Maximus VI Impact and I think it is a great choice for any size of build. The ITX foot print is awesome. So small and yet very feature rich and capable.

Stacked ITX.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_IMPACT/

Last edited:
I hope so. I would like to mess around with a mITX build and this could be my MoBo of choice along with one of those Asus Mini GPU's if they make a 770 version.

Delidded 4770k with CLU TIM direct block to die mount. No IHS.

ROGImpactCLU.jpg

Impactstacked.jpg

I got one that I am working on. Love the tiny size and it has all the features that I want.

Fierce looking like a pissed off chihuahua.

Looks like you need to pick up a single slot bracket for your video card, and reverse the direction of the barbs on the cooler. Good looking board though.

Looks like you need to pick up a single slot bracket for your video card, and reverse the direction of the barbs on the cooler. Good looking board though.

The card is Vapor X HD7950. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202003

Requires double slot bracket for outer DVI connection and I prefer it for more stability. Have a back plate for the card for extra support, should work out well in the case I am using.

The 2 barbs on the cpu block will work fine and so will the 4 barbs on the video card (total of 6 barbs between the cpu block and video card block). It will work out for the case and configuration of flow of loop.

The motherboard is tight.

Will make use of the mPCIe Combo II with nice M.2 SSD once they are available.

Vapor X HD7950 will do great for my gaming needs but keeping an open mind for nice small powerful AMD Hawaii video card in October.

Wait. Hold On.

SonDa5, you did nothing but piss and moan about the IR3553 VRMs on the Gigabyte OC, then you buy another board with the exact same part?

You sir, make absolutely no fucking sense at all.

Wait. Hold On.

SonDa5, you did nothing but piss and moan about the IR3553 VRMs on the Gigabyte OC, then you buy another board with the exact same part?

I think he was upset about paying a premium for an inferior part, not that the inferior part itself was necessarily bad. Especially for mini a atx. I know what your saying though. From the sideline many of us are sitting back and watching. People sure will pay a premium for apple brand etc, I know the OS must be nice, but you know your getting less hardware for the money. Its all marketing really, same with that GB board. He was simply bringing up his findings for everyone's attention that your paying more for potentially cheaper parts, not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that part or that it is going to make some huge difference, but that they were cutting some cost on one component,and charging more.

You realize that more pictures are taken on an "iphone" than any other device in the world right. But hey thats only because "android" isn't a particular phone. I get mad every time I see that advertisement, and I think a baby kitten dies every time it plays. I know it it is just marketing though, and they are neglecting other facts. Which gen iphone is that referring to, (all of them of course) vs one particular android / BB / windows brand phone? Then neglecting to mention that more people own android devices than Iphones, and how they are getting their statistics. I mean hell why even buy an SLR if iphone is clearly the most popular camera in the world. In the case of that motherboard, the marketing fails to mention that this OC motherboard has slightly less quality components for overclocking, yet is more expensive. If you don't agree that is fine, but I wouldn't buy that board after reading his post. I mean why not just get an Asus Vi Impact?. Clearly SonDa was trying to squeeze the most out of his delidded direct die, liquid metal, cooled chip with that GB board, maybe he found it worked well enough so why not get something less expensive and smaller that will do the same thing?

You think alphacool will get mad If I start calling their parts O-cool? :)

Last edited:
Wait. Hold On.

If you want to discuss the Z87X-OC go post in that thread I started and we can continue the discussion if needed.

The Maximum VI Impact is a much different type of mother board but its great to have nice quality VRM parts. The Maximum VI Impact is loaded with features. I am happy with all the features and parts used on the Maximum VI Impact and for the huge feature set that if offers in a compact form I think its a good value. Very happy with this MB.

I plan on building a custom mITX case and this motherboard will be going in it. I believe EK will be releasing waterblocks for the chipset as well.

Looks Nice!

woah! That is a very handsome pocket monster!

Thanks. :D

Of all the ROG boards the Impact is the only that uses high quality International Rectifier CPU power. The others use NexFet.

The Impact really seems like the very best of the ROG boards.

Last edited:
A review the Maximus VI Impact and a review of the Z87I-Deluxe would be awesome.

I'm going for the deluxe since I need all 6 sata ports, I'm hoping it overclocks well.

Back