Will the antec aria work for me?

Thejerbear

Limp Gawd
Ok so ive convinced my dad to buy me a new computer for gaming and work. Since I am going to college soon, I will be either taking my older laptop or a sff pc. Because I believe the shuttle pc's dont provide a good bang for my buck I want to use an antec aria and chose my own parts. What I am concerned about is the cooling/heat and also the 300w power supply powering all my parts. So here are the parts I am going to use:

Amd 64 2800
GIGABYTE "GA-K8VT800M" matx mobo
Onboard sound
512 ddr3200 regular kingston ram
Seagate 40gb 8mb 7200rpm HD
Bfg Geforce 6800 oc
Older iomega 52cdrw for now(will update to 16x dvdrw)
Leadtek tv card( I dont know if this will even fit. WIll it???)
Floppy drive

SO if you have any systems similar to what im using please tell me ur experiences, And also if anyone can anwser my questions please, I need alot of help. IF anyone has time to talk to me on aim about comp parts please tell me ur sn also,.
Thanks in advance

seems like 300 watts isnt sufficiant to power all of that maybe im wrong anyone else think the same thing?

I have an Antec Aria with following parts included-
Asus P4P800-VM mobo
P4 3.2 gig
1 gig of Corsair LL 3200
Plextor 8X DVD/RW
Hercules Fortissimo sound card
74 gig WD Raptor
Had a 9800XT but have sold it and going with a X800 Pro
Globalwin Water cooling kit with two Zalman 80mm fans one intake and one exhaust through the radiator.

Everything works great!! :)
aa2.JPG

Please see my sig. That is plenty of power for what you plan on running.

-E

MrE I added u to my aim, are u ever on? maybe u can give me some more pointers. thanks all

Hehe, no its damn near impossible to catch me on AIM as I work 12 hour days at my new job! :eek:
By the time I get home I get a 1/2 hour to check over the [H] and a couple of sites before getting everything ready for the next day. :( PM is the easiest way to get ahold of me.

-E

its a TV tuner ,Also can record TV to you Hard Drive,

Basically it allows you to watch TV on your Puter...Thus not needing a seperate TV.

Any full height (just not full length) PCI card will fit the Aria. The Aria has the same space constrictions as that of a mini mid tower atx case, so your capture card should fit fine.

BTW, that Leadtek card blows. I built a system using it for HTPC in the living room and the capture quality was muddy. If you want a stand alone card, I'd choose the Hauppauge PVR-250 or 350 for quality MPEG capture. Costs a bit more but the quality and software are much better. The leadtek software was well out of date and needed an "upgrade" out of the box to retain its full functionallity. I found that out after I bought it. :(

-E

Back