• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will SLI show any difference in 3D applications?

Mindriot

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
391
I understand how SLI works with games and the whole split screen rendering or whatever. But my question is. Will it help rendering times in 3DS MAX, XSI, Maya etc...

I'm a huge Gamer and I want SLI because for that reason. But I was just wondering if it increases Rendering in the above mentioned Applications. Or if there is or will be some sort of plugin or addon for those said programs.
 
Absolutely it will. We demo'd a fully functional SLI setup at SIGGRAPH last year. It definitely made a difference. All the artists that tried it agreed as well.

edit: Just noticed you said for rendering...typically rendering is a CPU intensive process without the aid of Gelato...it will definitely help in modeling, however.
 
Back
Top