Will newegg or clubit release the 3870x2 tonight?

Racasdorph

n00b
Does anyone know what time newegg or clubit normally updates their websites with new products like the ATI 3870x2? I want to buy it tonight but I know and trust newegg and clubit, i have used them before!

Feedback i would greatly appreciate :)

Yea, I was looking forward to buying 2 of them...too bad about the drivers.

Just ordered mine from Newegg, last time I waited for the 3870 and did not buy it then the price shot up and I don't want the same thing to happen here, although it is not Xmas time so it should be ok but hey why take the chance :). The Asus one comes with the new version of COH and I did not find any of them that came with a good package other than Asus that also comes with all of the connectors and the chick on the card looks sweet, although I like the one from visiontek with the eyes but I really don't look down into my case much so no biggie :).

Wonder how many people are going to buy two of these before the CrossfireX driver comes out.

It's good to see them being sold at MSRP at least. Sucks about the drivers though :(

I bought 2 as well. i can live with using one for a while if the driver isn't working properly, it's still a world of difference to what i have now.

LOL I bought mine yesterday because I was afraid the price was going to be too high, I actually paid 20 bucks too much :mad: Ah well it will be here tommorow so I guess it evens out would have cost me 20 for overnight from Newegg anyways...

Well with all of us buying one of these to try folks should get plenty of user feedback. I'll be testing one in my spider rig.

Yea, I'm replacing 2 1950xtx's with 2 HD3870x2's. I've got room in my Antec Sonata III case for them. Putting them on a FoxConn x38 board with ddr3 memory. Fun times ahead, lol.

One problem with Newegg is they have a no return policy on them.

any difference then getting two 3870?

It seems faster than 3870 crossfire in a few games so seems with better drivers eventually the x2 would be better performance as well as only taking up 1 slot and not requiring an x38/48 mobo for dual 16x pcie lanes.

Back