Will my PSU be enough for...?

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,982
I know, I know...another one of these but I am about to make a purchase and need to know if i need to upgrade my PSU too.

Have OCZ Powerstream 520W


Will be using with:

AMD x2 4400
ASUS or DFI SLI MOBO
2GB RAM
Dual 7800GTX 521MB in SLI
2 WD Raptor Hard Drive
2 DVD-RW Drives
x-fi


Also will be running W/C Swiftech 650 Pump with Several Fans for the Rad and a couple more for system.

Also, will be overclocking as much as the components will allow.


Do I need to upgrade my PSU or am I good to go with the OCZ?

Thanks in Advance.
 
You might be allright, although I wouldn't count on it. Probably best for you to upgrade, although the OCZ Powerstream 520 is a wonderful PSU, your system is probably a bit too demanding for it b/c of the wc equipment.
 
Oline61 said:
You might be allright, although I wouldn't count on it. Probably best for you to upgrade, although the OCZ Powerstream 520 is a wonderful PSU, your system is probably a bit too demanding for it b/c of the wc equipment.


That is what I am worried about. But given the PSU I currently have what else is there really that is that much bigger besides the PC Power and Cooling $400 PSU
 
Try it out first. If it does not work, then you can upgrade. Also, isn't there a 600W OCZ powerstream?
 
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Try it out first. If it does not work, then you can upgrade. Also, isn't there a 600W OCZ powerstream?

Ya but it is basically the same. I realize I can try it and see what happens but that defeats the purpose of shipping all components necessary for an upgrade with one shipment.
 
Back
Top