• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will my Chevette Heatercore fit?

SodaCose

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
164
Here's the dilemma:

I bought some gear for my first foray into the wonderful world of water cooling. Unknowingly I bought a Chevette heatercore which works great but is a monster. The Chevette, along with my Eheim 1250, take up a whole lotta room. My current POS case is butchered up so all the stuff will fit, but I've been looking into a better (looking/performing) one.

My main question is 'will my heatercore fit hanging off the back of a case with a 120mm fan mount?' It's about 6" x 7.5" x 2" (approx. 15cm x 19cm x 5cm). I was figuring to mount the 120mm fan inside the case and the Chevette on the outside where it could be somewhat separated by the fan shroud. Will this interfere with the I/O plate? I'm envisioning this on a Sonata or a Centurion style case. If I set it up thusly, I'd keep the Eheim beast probably in the HDD cage area.

Are there any problems with this idea? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!
 
another point: would the weight of the heatercore be enough to bend the case?

any help would be great
 
If you're using a 120mm fan and shroud with it (and you really should be using a shroud) yes it will fit on a 120mm fan hole and with any quality case I think it would have to be a heck of a lot heavier than the 2 or 3 pounds a chevette heatercore weighs to bend the case.

Now, it might stick out past the side of the case in the rear but I don't know your sense of asthetics so that may or not be an issue.
 
Back
Top