• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will Lighroom benefit from using this GPU?

trungdien

n00b
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
1
I have a PC with
- 3570k CPU
- two 24" monitors.
-I use the GPU on the motherboard

It works OK, could be faster for Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6. This PC is mostly used for photo editing and I frequently edit well over 1000 RAW images per set.

I have a Geforce GT 440 1GB DDR3 PCI-E that I can use (free). Will I notice any significant improvement with the above configuration? The Geforce is only about 15% more power than the built in GPU, but my thought is it would free up the CPU which may make a difference.

I'm very short on time so only want to try it if it might help.

Right now with Lightroom it gets bogged down when editing (crop, changing color temp, etc.) Importing is OK.

Also, I have an aftermarket CPU cooler with 120mm fan. Should I try conservative overclocking?
 
I have a PC with
- 3570k CPU
- two 24" monitors.
-I use the GPU on the motherboard

It works OK, could be faster for Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6. This PC is mostly used for photo editing and I frequently edit well over 1000 RAW images per set.

I have a Geforce GT 440 1GB DDR3 PCI-E that I can use (free). Will I notice any significant improvement with the above configuration? The Geforce is only about 15% more power than the built in GPU, but my thought is it would free up the CPU which may make a difference.

I'm very short on time so only want to try it if it might help.

Right now with Lightroom it gets bogged down when editing (crop, changing color temp, etc.) Importing is OK.

Also, I have an aftermarket CPU cooler with 120mm fan. Should I try conservative overclocking?

It wouldn't hurt, though I doubt it would help. Overclocking should be the better way to go IMO. One thing you can do is use the external GPU and then disable iGPU for extra power headroom for the CPU, though I doubt it'll help that much.

the i5 3570k is a capable oveclocker, but it's hampered by the poor TIM between the IHS and the chip. It'll get hot rather quickly, unfortunately.
 
Back
Top