Will it fit a Centurion 5?

horaciocs

n00b
Hi all. I am about to buy a new pc and am still deciding on which case I'll use. I first thought about Coolermaster's Centurion 5. However, it is quite big for what I will be using.( 5x5.25" is too much). If I find a smaller one that provides just as much air flow as the Centurion 5 I will probably take the new one.

I initially chose it because of it's size, providing better air flow. I might stick to it, but I need to know one thing: I has a side air duct that stands right on the top of he cpu hsf. My worry is that bigger hsfs might not fit there. (Tuniq Tower or the Big Typhoon).

Do you think these can fit there? The Tuniq in special, since it is really big and I really liked it. :D

Also, what smaller cases do you recommend? (~$50-60) 4x 5.25" drive bays aremore than enough.

Thanks,

Horacio

Just one thing: Air flow around my case is rather poor, since it is trapped in a piece of furniture with only the front opening, so good air flow is essential. ;)

The duct is removable, and will generally not fit with anything much taller than a stock HSF. Coolermaster also makes a smaller version of the Centurion 5 called the 541, but I don't know if it's as good as the full-sized version. It will also most likely not fit the Tuniq Tower. Link is here: http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...her_title=RC-541Centurion%20Micro ATX 541

For what it's worth, I have a Centurion 5, and it's an absolutely fantastic case for cooling.

Nice to know it is really good for cooling :)

Will it fit a Tuniq Tower if I remove the air duct?

Thanks for the reply!

Back