• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will it be enough?

Hanniblex

n00b
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
54
So I haven't done a custom loop before, but I always do a bunch of research before I make a purchasing decision. I need to ask a question that I could not find the answer to online anywhere. I am looking for the most compact loop I can get while still being relatively effective. I want to use a low fin density radiator for use with quiet fans in a Fractal Design R4.

Can I cool a 3570k at 4.4ghz and a 680 (overclocked about 20%) with a single 80mm thick dual 120mm radiator and a reservoir+pump?

Can I use a reservoir+pump set up to power this loop? (preferred)

Should I use a cpu block + pump?

Which pump would you recommend?

I can fit a thin dual 120 in the top of the case, but I would rather keep everything on 1 radiator to keep everything clean.
 
The H220 is a prebuilt custom loop. If you need compact, the H220 will provide it. It can easily be expanded, because it uses standard watercooling parts.
 
The H220 is a prebuilt custom loop. If you need compact, the H220 will provide it. It can easily be expanded, because it uses standard watercooling parts.

Yes, but will that set up cool a gpu and cpu overclocked?
 
It can. Any setup can be cooled with a 240mm radiator if you use 5600+ RPM fans.

A 3570k and 680 do not put out that much heat, so it should be able to cool them relatively quietly.
 
Back
Top