• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will intel release a 2700k when BD comes out?

munkle

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
11,799
Will intel release a 2700k when BD comes out? Or is there something better than the 2600k for 1155 that will come out soon?
 
Why do you need a 2700k? What would that accomplish? MAYBE (but doubtful I think) a 2700, but not a 2700k.
 
sure why not
just rebrand the 2600k and sell it at 100MHz higher base clock and add $50 bucks or so.
 
Why do you need a 2700k? What would that accomplish? MAYBE (but doubtful I think) a 2700, but not a 2700k.


because consumers as a whole are morons and they will eat it up like candy.. they live and die by the numbers they read in advertisements instead of looking at the real facts. most enthusiast's don't fall for it but we also only account for ~1% of consumers out there buying stuff.
 
basically that's what AMD does with the Phenom II branding... increase the production/quality of production line, bump up the speed @ the same price every 6 months, until a new architecture comes out

since we've been seeing the 2600k OC able a lot, i would say most of them can have a 100-200 mhz increase easily. the only problem is getting within the acceptable/listed thermal limits
 
Why do you need a 2700k? What would that accomplish? MAYBE (but doubtful I think) a 2700, but not a 2700k.

I never said I needed it. Some like to buy things they want but don't necessarily need. Who doesn't want a 2600k or even a 2700k? I doubt very few wouldn't want one, wanting to pay for one is a different story.
 
I dont see Intel releasing another K version though. I could see them releasing a locked 2700 or better, but not another K series. K series as is only really applies to a small portion of us. Most people get the 2600 if they want the i7 (or in pre-built desktops).
 
I only bit on the K because it was the same price as the regular one. Plus it should last me many years.
 
Ivy Bridge is coming out on 1155 and it's supposed to be faster than SB. Not sure if Intel would bin another chip that's faster than a 2600k but who knows.. They did come out with the i3-2120 which is marginally faster than the 2100. BD might be faster/better than SB/IB and may be competition for SB-E, or it could be on par, or worse. Everything right now is all speculation anyway..
 
The roadmap shows "> i7-2600K" for Q3, so a 2700K or faster should be coming out soon.

lQg6q.jpg


It's evil really since the 2700K should take the 2600K's price spot, pushing the 2600 and 2500 down in price. :p I'd guess it will appear when AMD announces a tech press benchmark date for BD. Intel did the same with HD Graphics 3000 Core i3 models (2105, soon 2125, 2130 vs HDG2K in previous i3 models) when Llano was finally officially released recently. Llano had been officially "shipping" since March.
 
Last edited:
the 2600ks do 4.0 ghz with ease. Don't see the point of a 2700k or anything more unless they are running over 4.0 stock.
 
I don't think Intel really cares what BD does. They'll probably release slightly higher clocked SB chips like they did with the i7 920 - 930 - 950 - 960 regardless of BD.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top