Will Facebook's New Algorithm Destroy Its Relationships With Brands?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I use Facebook the way it is supposed to be used, to stay up to date and in contact with friends, family, classmates and you guys. I think updates like this are a good thing and they keep things they way they were meant to be.

This update means that content posted by friends you care about; photos, videos, status updates, or links, will be higher up in your feed so you are less likely to miss it. If you do not have a lot of connections on Facebook you could now potentially see multiple posts from the same person in a row - this was hidden from you in the past. People with a lot of friends will see content posted higher up in their feeds. They will still see posts from news articles and pages - if they interact with them. Facebook says that "friends and family come first". If you click Like on posts from certain friends, then you will see posts from them at the top of your feeds.

All my FB friends are truly friends or family. There is not a person on my list who I do not know or care about in real life. Even then, I do not follow all of them—the ones who are prone to posting the usual kind of FB nonsense.

They need to get rid of algorithms altogether. I want them to bring back sorting by time.

Back