Will EyeInfinity stretch out my normal field of view to the side monitors?

Commander FAT

2[H]4U
Let's say if someone plays COD on a single monitor a certain amount of the game is viewable at any one time. Will EyeInfinity move what would normally be in a single screen to the side displays?

I noticed in Kyle's EyeInfinity video that part of the character's arm holding the gun was rendered in the left screen. Normally that would be in the middle screen (at least I'm pretty sure it would be).

Anyway I hope my question makes sense to you guys.

Thanks

Would I be able to set it up so that the center monitor would show what it would normally show if just one monitor was being used?

Would I be able to set it up so that the center monitor would show what it would normally show if just one monitor was being used?

Yes. This is how Eyefinity works. Dragon Age Origins, Titan Quest, Modern Warfare 2 (with widescreenfixer), Bioshock, Grid, NFS Speed, L4D2, Crysis, etc. - Your center monitor shows exactly what you'd see on a single monitor system. The left and right monitors reveal gameworld that you don't see on a single monitor. Without this effect, Eyefinity would lose much of its value. This is why Eyefinity is so valuable because you see scenery you normally don't on a single monitor, at least not without panning around constantly.

With monitors in portrait the middle monitor is only 1200 pixels wide (instead of 1920 if in ladscape), that's why the arm is showing up on the left monitor. If the monitors are all in landscape the arm would be in the middle monitor as it would usually be.

With monitors in portrait the middle monitor is only 1200 pixels wide (instead of 1920 if in ladscape), that's why the arm is showing up on the left monitor. If the monitors are all in landscape the arm would be in the middle monitor as it would usually be.

More to the point, in portrait the three monitors have an aspect ratio of 18.75:10. That's pretty close to the AR of a single screen's 16:10. That means you basically get the same FOV as a single screen (just a tad more) but spread out over three monitors with three (2.56 to be precise) times the pixel density.

In landscape you just get three times the FOV. The part on your center monitor is the same, the other two extend the view to either side.

Back