• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will ATI 7970 3GB Edition

maverick786us

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
2,416
With the announcement of ATI 7970 3GB edition, will these cards will be sufficient to run games like Crysis, BFBD2 at 2560 X 1440 / 1600 resolution? Its been years I was looking for single card solution to run high end games at this resolution. I am planning to upgrade my backup rig into IB with these new cards
 
Noone knows. These cards are not out. We cannot tell you third performance until we see the numbers.
 
.....is a joke, right?

Can a new tech videocard run an old game at single-display resolution?
 
There has been no official announcement nor benchmarks, however AMD has an event today in London where they are expected to announce them officially.
 
Link to the news of this announcement?
I feel so out of the loop :(
 
Let me check my Magic 8-ball.......

It says "Better not tell you now"
 
I always thought that 3GB of frame buffer should tame any game at that resolution. If it perfoms on par with OVERCLOCKED Galaxy lightening 580 3GB edition
 
I always thought that 3GB of frame buffer should tame any game at that resolution. If it perfoms on par with OVERCLOCKED Galaxy lightening 580 3GB edition

I am pretty sure the new 7k series will be faster then a 580 superclocked.

Now the question is by how much.
 
7970 4GB and 7990 8GB.

I am not good in "Computer System Architecture" but howcome 384 bit have 4GB of frame buffer? And if its really true, then I am really excited about this card. It will outplay any game at that resolution. Can you provide the source please
 
Assuming they keep it under 10" and if the 7950 is 384-bit (3GB), I very well may be interested in one of those. If not though, I'm definitely thinking a 7870 is where I'll be at.
 
Everything in the links provided so far has been speculation, so I'm assuming they didn't announce parts today.

:confused:
 
Back
Top