Will Antec p180 quiet this system significantly or not?

faraxon

n00b
Im not too sure if this is right forum, so I'll post it anyway.

I currently have the system below.

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Socket 754 Stock HSF non-OC
Abit KV8-Pro
OCZ EL 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 Dual Channel Kit
Sapphire Radeon X800 XT 256MB AGP
2 WD Raptor WD360GD RAID 0
1 WD Caviar SE WD1200JB
Chieftec Dragon Case Black
Antec TRUE480 480W PSU
LITE-ON Combo Drive SOHC-5232K
Sony Black 1.44 Floppy

Im wanting to know If getting an Antec p180 will quiet this rig down a significant amount or not.

Can't really say much other than it's a really well-built case and does a very good job of lowering noise.

It did make a audible diffrerence in my system. Other things you could look into is to get a better heatsink with a larger fan, especially if you're not overclocking. I have the zalman CNPS 7700-Cu on my slightly overclocked 3500+ and run it on the quietest setting and it cools just fine. It's also very quiet. I'm also using the zalman vf 700-cu for my 6800GT on the lowest setting, it's also overclocked and stays cool, and is very quiet.

I would say to make those changes. And if you want an even quieter system look into the Antec Phantom power supply. My power supply, an antec truepower 430, is the only fans you can hear running in the P180. I'm seriously thinking about switching.

Well, I've got a P805D overclocked to 3.5Ghz with a Zalman onion and 3 other 12mm case fans, and the stock fan on my 7800GT, and the 120mm fan in my PSU...so that's 5 x 120mm fans and whatever the vid card's fan is, all in my P180 and I gotta say that it's barely audible unless you put your head right up next to it.

The case is made from layers of metal and plastic; try rapping your knuckles against a sheet of standard steel sheet metal and then try against something small and thick like the back of a TV remote and you'll get the picture. The sides of the P180 absorb sound very, very well. You should be a'ight.

Back