• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will adding a 256 stick help my POS dell

Shakezilla

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,490
I have a POS dell 256ram integrated video blah blah blah. I play CS:1.6 I was owndering if adding a cheap 256 stick would help me in these areas.

Alt+tabbing back to windows: speed this up
More Fps
Less Lag when a lot of people are around
Switching maps on server speed
Turning demos into movies



Thanks a lot for any help.
 
Adding that much ram will help your system in just about everything you do.

Enjoy the speed increase.
 
Yeah, that should help, upgrading the video would help alot to. You can get a Radeon 9200 PCI pretty cheap. I think the Video card would be a better upgrade over the memory though.
 
edit I thought U said a agp card at first cleric.

I will look into the pci card.

Yeah I think I will pick up a 30 dollar stick of 256 tomorrow from the egg. Hopefull its wotrth it.

Anyone else think that card over the memory?
 
I assumed since it was a POS dell (My parents bought one for their home office, nothing but problems) it only had 2 PCI ports or something like that.

If it has an AGP port, use it.

I saw on NewEgg a Geforce FX 5700LE PCI, anyone know if that is any good?
 
That 9200 is too pricy for this comp lol

Its the family comp and I just want it to be useable 100 bucks aint worth it. Even if I have to wait 4 months to build my own I dont wana sink 100 into this POS. I tihnk the ram will be the better but for cost
 
Mushkin 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-3200 Basic Green - Retail $31.26

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9200SE Video Card, 128MB DDR, 64-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI, Model "100565L" -Retail $53.00


Comes to $84.26 Not bad for an upgrade like that. But yeah the memory would give you an all around performance boost, upgrading the video card would make your games look nicer.
 
I like that mushkin ram for cheap. A nix on the vid card tho. Im not willing to spend that much.
 
I can pull 100 fps if i want :p but than I get in game lag.

Muwhahaha 100fps with this pos

I set max fps to 60 and its a good balance.
 
Back
Top