• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Will a P3 Work?

AaronP

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
11,527
I've got this eMachine 733i. It currently has a 800Mhz Celeron in it and I want to know if I can put a 933Mhz or a 1Ghz Pentium 3 in it. The chipset the motherboar used is the Intel 810, and it says it supports bus speeds of 100Mhz to 66Mhz which to me means it supports PC100 and PC66 Memory. So I want to know if a Pentium 3 that's 1Ghz 256KB L2 and 133Mhz will support PC100 RAM. This is for a linux server that will do NOTHING but be a file server to stream music and crap from, I currently have Xubuntu on it.
 
The socket 370 should support up to a 1.2ghz pentium 3 without any issues, so that's the route i'd take. PC133, PC100 or PC66 shuoldn't matter
 
I have a old HP that still works. It also has the i810 chipset. The cpu is the socket 370 1.1ghz celeron "coppermine-T core".

A 1ghz pentium III socket 370 should work fine.
 
Back
Top