Will a Netgear WNDR4500 Survive in a barn?

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
I'm trying to help expand WiFi coverage on a property with a big barn. Coverage inside the home is great, but we are trying to extend coverage to the inside of the barn (huge barn that is used mostly as a workshop and garage) as well as the yard around the barn.

There is already Cat6 going between the home and barn. We already have a Netgear WNDR4500 loaded with DD-WRT ready to go. We are thinking about mounting it high up on one of the walls inside the barn. My main concern is, can this unit survive being out in a barn? Temperatures regularly dip down into the 20s (Fahrenheit) at night. The barn is not heated nor insulated. Would the temperature itself be an issue for the WNDR4500? If not the temperature, are there likely to be moisture/condensation issues?

Should work fine, I've done this with other routers in unheated garages and nothing died from cold.

It's working so far. I will try to report back here if it fails for whatever reason.

Specs say it can operationally take down to -10C,. so that should be fine. The bigger question is if it can handle the dust and humidity levels.

Back