• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Will a Gigabyte WindForce Cooler work on Reference 290 PCB?

OrangeBic

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
124
My buddy offered me his Windforce cooler as he went straight to watercooling when he got it. I figure worst case if the die doesn't line up I can use a copper shim but I was wondering about the heatsinks fitting over the VRAM correctly. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks
 
you forgot to say something important.. what card have your friend ?
 
you will be fine.. gigabyte use reference design PCB for those 290 and 290X cards..
 
Back
Top