Will 3007 run off my GeForceTi4600 temporariyl?

mutant

Limp Gawd
At non-native resolution obviously. The thing is that my new PC is not finished as the Opteron 285 CPU have not arrived. The bad boy 3007 just got delivered and it's so painful not being able to run it in all it's glory. My question is will it run of the above mentioned card till my new rig is finished?
The Ti 4600 which is in my current PC has a DVI input but obviously it's not dual link capable. So is it safe to use it for 1-2 weeks? OR should I wait till the new rig is ready? I am just impatient and want to check for dead pixels and stuff.

Normaly yes. But the max resolution depends on the max output the DVI port can handle...
GeForce 4 could max out at around 1280...

slaWter said:
But the max resolution depends on the max output the DVI port can handle...
GeForce 4 could max out at around 1280...

Yes that is clear but there is no reason for the monitor to get damaged? Right???
This is so painful I tell you--> not being able to run at the full res.It might be 20 days before I get the Opteron delivered :mad: I have the EVGA 700GTX Superclocked 512Mb card sitting on my desk teasing me arghhhhhh!!!!!!! :D

Well its running nicely ;-P Looks EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 1280x800btw.
I did the dead pixel test and found none pheww!!! It's like I did not want to look :-P
Used this btw in case anyone wants to use it.
http://www.gdargaud.net/Hack/DeadPixels.html
Clicking on 8 images was a heart stopper. I also tried red, green, blue and other colours in full screen mode. All black screen looked excellent to me. I did not notice any backlight bleeding when the whole screen was set to black.

Even in 1280 (full screen) the movies look AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Watching "WAR OF THE WORLDS" :p

Cool, good to hear that.
What is the max resolution with that 4600 card? Can you go higher than 1280x800?

mutant said:
At non-native resolution obviously. The thing is that my new PC is not finished as the Opteron 285 CPU have not arrived. The bad boy 3007 just got delivered and it's so painful not being able to run it in all it's glory. My question is will it run of the above mentioned card till my new rig is finished?
The Ti 4600 has a DVI input but obviously it's not dual link capable. So is it safe to use it for 1-2 weeks? OR should I wait till the new rig is ready? I just want to check for dead pixels and stuff.

*bawls out laughing uncontrollably til stomach spasms forces him to collapse to the floor* :p :p

Ok serious now.....
It could probably run it but at a low enough performance that you might find it not worth it. At least that is what I think.

StalkerZER0 said:
*bawls out laughing uncontrollably til stomach spasms forces him to collapse to the floor* :p :p

Ok serious now.....
It could probably run it but at a low enough performance that you might find it not worth it. At least that is what I think.

It actually runs perfectly at 12800x800. Why were you laughing? You think I bought it to run of the Ti4600? I bought it to run of 7900GTX which can power two 30" Dells (both DVI ports are dual link capable). I only asked the question because I can't complete my new PC as the CPU have not been delivered yet.

Cool, good to hear that.
What is the max resolution with that 4600 card? Can you go higher than 1280x800?

No can't go higher than that. Plus it would be silly to run this monitor at any resolution apart from the native. Unless you are doing it temporarily like me or playing some game. I don't play games and this PC is for my design work. Can't wait to run it at native resolution :D

i was just wondering, is your 4600 pci, or do you have a mobo that has both agp and pci-e?

btw slaWter, your sig is a little too long

mutant said:
I only asked the question because I can't complete my new PC as the CPU have not been delivered yet.:D

Mutant,

I'm in the -exact- same situation as you--I have a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 AGP card in my 3.6GHz P4 box, and am running 1280x800 on the desktop until I get a more powerful machine built.

I realize that running an LCD, especially one with such a high resolution, at non-native rez can result in less-than-optimum quality. That said, the 3007 running at 1280x800 looks really beautiful; XP's interface is 'bigger' than I'm used to (compared to a 19" CRT running 1600x1200) but it's certainly not difficult on my eyes. There is NO blurring at all; it's a tiny bit blocky, but that's because it's using pixel-doubling. Chat text in WoW looks a little blocky, but with 6xAA on and all the detail levels maxed, I can't possibly care--it looks fantastic. BF2 looks astounding. I can't WAIT to see what it looks like at native res!

It should be noted that I haven't seen the screen run at anything over 1280x800 on AGP; I can't get it to do 1280x1024 "stretched," for example. Not a problem--I assume it's the way my video driver is configured.

Back