Wikipedia Bans Scientology IPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everyone makes fun of Scientology when their own religions are JUST as ridiculous. Jesus Christ turned into a ghost and flew up into space, too, you know. He also payed taxes with magical money vomited from fish. :rolleyes: I say ban all religious organizations from editing anything in Wikipedia that doesn't directly pertain to the Wiki entry on their religion.

Where were you born?

The "church" of scientology is a farce, as are all organized religions.....some are just more cult-ish.

Christianity is just as bad as muslim, they both have killed many in the name of god. There have been more people murdered, raped, pillaged, exploited, and dehumanized in the name of religion, than ALL of the wars combined, ever.

Religion is an easy way out, it takes away the need for self reliance (god will take care of you), it is based on fear. Religion is not a choice for most, our children are indoctrinated into it early, it is forced upon them at a time when they are impressionable and trusting of what we tell them. Our children are infected early by this virus of the mind and this causes much stress as they grow older, some are finally freed from the shackles if they trust their own minds enough to step away from the fear they were saddled with. As children, we are told that we face this eternal death of hell if we don't have "faith" and believe these incredible stories that make absolutely no sense, it's no wonder at this early age, when the world is brought to us this way, that we take it to heart.

Yeah...I don't believe in the christian doctrine any longer...I used to, but I learned to see through the silliness of it all. I am a good person, I treat others well, I love my family 200%, I don't need some un-perfect, flawed other person telling me how to live my life....

Jesus was most likely a real man, however, I do not think he was the son of god, I think he was a person with some good ideas that got him killed for his beliefs. I think he had a wife, etc., and I certainly do not believe in the virgin birth.

Although I agree with you on most of what you say. I'd like to see you living in Iran or in a Comunist country. And then we'll talk about it.

BTW you should really really study history, because you don't know what you're talking about on your sintesis. You sound like a real techhead. Enginner probably. That know nothing about history. Your reasoning is good, and I understand they're based on your life experiences which are unarguable. But your comparisons are flawed and ignorant.

The "church" of scientology is a farce, as are all organized religions.....some are just more cult-ish.
Perhaps you should try attending a good one instead stereotyping good people and good organizations as zealots.

Christianity is just as bad as muslim, they both have killed many in the name of god. There have been more people murdered, raped, pillaged, exploited, and dehumanized in the name of religion, than ALL of the wars combined, ever.
So because someone abused their power once or did something wrong that means anything ever done in the same name is evil? Well I think I'll go rip someone off in your name and you can be evil for the rest of time too.

Religion is an easy way out, it takes away the need for self reliance (god will take care of you), it is based on fear.
No, the belief that there is no "ultimate judgment" would be a religion based on fear. Trying so hard to avoid such actions as to stick your head in the sand about any possibility of an afterlife is living in ignorance because you are to afraid to live in the truth.
See what I did there?

Religion is not a choice for most, our children are indoctrinated into it early, it is forced upon them at a time when they are impressionable and trusting of what we tell them. Our children are infected early by this virus of the mind and this causes much stress as they grow older, some are finally freed from the shackles if they trust their own minds enough to step away from the fear they were saddled with. As children, we are told that we face this eternal death of hell if we don't have "faith" and believe these incredible stories that make absolutely no sense, it's no wonder at this early age, when the world is brought to us this way, that we take it to heart.
Bullshit.

Yeah...I don't believe in the Christian doctrine any longer...I used to, but I learned to see through the silliness of it all.
This contradicts above. Or I guess your just special.
I am a good person, I treat others well, I love my family 200%, I don't need some un-perfect, flawed other person telling me how to live my life....
Oh your a good person? That's nice.
If your letting someone tell you how to live your life then you don't understand the Christian doctrine.

Jesus was most likely a real man, however, I do not think he was the son of god, I think he was a person with some good ideas that got him killed for his beliefs. I think he had a wife, etc., and I certainly do not believe in the virgin birth.
Atheist historians will readily admit Jesus lived. The only thing that has ever been debated is if he rose from the dead. Oh, and historians don't agree with you that he had a wife.

Yeah that's what fucking crack's me up about all this Scientology stuff..It was created by a mediocre SciFi writer and all around nut job. LOL!

Ya know, when I was a kid I thought Battlefield Earth was AWESOME. The book, not the movie. This was in 1985 or so.

I moved last summer and came across the book while packing. I opened it up and started reading, just for chuckles. Damn it was bad. So, so, so bad.

Hubbard was a hack. He wanted to be great like Asimov or Heinlein. But he was already on the failtrain to sucktown. Only the CoS faithful constantly buying his crap and recycling it through the retail channel kept is name on the best seller lists.

I detect quite a bit of bitterness in your comments, but you clearly have the right to believe and say whatever you want, no matter how wonderfully entertaining and flawed it is.

:)

That being said, I don't necessarily disrespect anyone who seeks religion, and I don't routinely go around bashing specific religions or religion in general, though I'm often strongly opposed to their religious views as they pertain to political and civil rights matters. Religious zealots have a tendency to want to impart their nonsensical religious beliefs into governmental policy (prop 8, anyone?), for some reason. That rationalization for that kind of nonsense is nothing more than pure personal arrogance.

Your reasoning is good, and I understand they're based on your life experiences which are unarguable. But your comparisons are flawed and ignorant.

Anything said contrary to someone who believes that a book called the Holy Bible is the end all, be all regardless of what they are told... are going to be seen as making flawed and ignorant statements. Same is true for The Koran, Dianetics, Book of Mormon, etc... That is the nature of religion in general... it is otherwise completely intangible aside from man made or written 'evidence'.

I would say the mistake is not in the comparisons, but even trying to use logic within religion in the first place. That would be the rough definition of faith. (Faith: " firm belief in something for which there is no proof." That's nearly an exact antonym of "Logic")

Faith, is the sword that cuts both ways. State something as absolute, better follow it absolutely lest your testimony seem insincere and hollow. I don't even need to disprove an aspect of religion in general with other sources when I can use their own.

Christian and associated type followers (Mormons, Baptist, et al) say the word of God is absolute, that the Bible is the word of God and if any single one of them also ate shellfish, cut their hair, wore any cloths spun from multiple fibers...

But said those rules didn't matter anymore while still using other verses from the SAME FREAKING BOOK (and I mean by name and not the entire Bible, namely Leviticus) OR volume (Old Testament)... We end up with situations like Prop 8. Why? Because the Bible tells us so. I still have yet to see any one valid argument for these faith based causes that didn't involve that kind of circular logic.

The circus surrounding Prop 8 pissed me off royally, as I couldn't see it as anything other than faith sanctioned discrimination. Why hasn't there been a Proposition put forward to make it legal to put anyone to death who works on the Sabbath?

Homosexuality an abomination. Leviticus 18:22
Touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7

So next we'll see a Prop in California banning pork rinds, right? Same book. Different responses.

If your letting someone tell you how to live your life then you don't understand the Christian doctrine.
Dare I mention the Ten Commandments? Where's the ambiguity in that?

Why is it that every other news thread I read turns into an arguement here. :p
Because I post here -- that's why! :p

We end up with situations like Prop 8. Why? Because the Bible tells us so. I still have yet to see any one valid argument for these faith based causes that didn't involve that kind of circular logic.
There is no such argument. Prop 8 supporters justify their stance by suggesting, quite plainly, that civil rights and the concept of equality are valid only when God has no particular objection. If God objects, thus the government must also. Fuckin' bizarre!

Ya know, when I was a kid I thought Battlefield Earth was AWESOME. The book, not the movie. This was in 1985 or so.

I moved last summer and came across the book while packing. I opened it up and started reading, just for chuckles. Damn it was bad. So, so, so bad.

Hubbard was a hack. He wanted to be great like Asimov or Heinlein. But he was already on the failtrain to sucktown. Only the CoS faithful constantly buying his crap and recycling it through the retail channel kept is name on the best seller lists.

^^^This! I read it as a kid thought it was tits...years later as an adult not so great.

Christian and associated type followers (Mormons, Baptist, et al) say the word of God is absolute, that the Bible is the word of God and if any single one of them also ate shellfish, cut their hair, wore any cloths spun from multiple fibers...

You left out those who don't have a wall around their roof, anyone who eats a hamburger with cowmilk-based cheese...

I hate, hate, hate the word fundamentalism when tied to Christianity. I believe the fundamentals are loving God, family, and community, staying as true to the way Christ lived his life as possible, and keeping your nose out of other people's business. I believe God is more concerned that His followers take the Bible seriously rather than literally. I consider myself a Christian evangelical, but I have an ice cold bottle of Jager in my freezer and am attending a dear gay friend's wedding this fall. Grab a rock, fundies.

As for Scientology and the whole Wikipedia mess... There are countless sites that talk about life on the inside of Scientology out there from people who have been lucky to make it out. Hell, the pseudoreligion started as a bet between Asimov and Hubbard to see if LRon could create a religion to act as a tax shelter. The FBI did DNA testing on his dead body to make sure it was actually him so he couldn't commit tax fraud again.

If Scientology actually worked as promised (a thetan-free mind can control time and space), then why aren't they using their OT3 powers to make the world a better place, or at least keep their stars' TV shows from being canceled or sucking?

"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."—L. Ron Hubbard, The Scientologist, a Manual on the Dissemination of Material, 1955

Got this off wikipedia.org

I once watched a documentary about religions and cults. One person said that in his opinion, any religion that has obligations is a cult. I tend to agree. The church I go to is a non-denominational christian church. I've been there for 18 years now and have never been forced to do anything by the congregation. Requested, yes and I do or don't at times, but they think nothing less and nothing more when I refuse.

Anything said contrary to someone who believes that a book called the Holy Bible is the end all, be all regardless of what they are told... are going to be seen as making flawed and ignorant statements. Same is true for The Koran, Dianetics, Book of Mormon, etc... That is the nature of religion in general... it is otherwise completely intangible aside from man made or written 'evidence'.

I would say the mistake is not in the comparisons, but even trying to use logic within religion in the first place. That would be the rough definition of faith. (Faith: " firm belief in something for which there is no proof." That's nearly an exact antonym of "Logic")

Faith, is the sword that cuts both ways. State something as absolute, better follow it absolutely lest your testimony seem insincere and hollow. I don't even need to disprove an aspect of religion in general with other sources when I can use their own.

But said those rules didn't matter anymore while still using other verses from the SAME FREAKING BOOK (and I mean by name and not the entire Bible, namely Leviticus) OR volume (Old Testament)... We end up with situations like Prop 8. Why? Because the Bible tells us so. I still have yet to see any one valid argument for these faith based causes that didn't involve that kind of circular logic.

The circus surrounding Prop 8 pissed me off royally, as I couldn't see it as anything other than faith sanctioned discrimination. Why hasn't there been a Proposition put forward to make it legal to put anyone to death who works on the Sabbath?

So next we'll see a Prop in California banning pork rinds, right? Same book. Different responses.

I could tell you again what every Religious person that conducts a debate with persons that have the same mentality as yours will say. "You're taking things out of context" and then follow on that path. And repeat the same boring pointless program.
Instead I'm going to list some Historical Facts that are ALL orginally based on Western Christian Beliefs and Conceptions. Off the top of my head.

1:-Human Rights(All).
2:-Letter of Independance.
3:-Freedom of Speech.
4:-Freedom of Choice.
5:-Space Exploration.

So, any westener that criticices Christianity as a Conception so blalantly is either one of these two.

1.-Not thinking what he's saying. Ergo an Ignorant.
2.- A hypocritic Traitor to his own civilization.

Now, on a personal level I can understand the point since I went through the same experience. Heck I wonder if any of you, "Free Thinkers" was ever pursued because of your beliefs, religious or not. I know I was and yet I came to the conclussion that you do not need a religion to believe in God. But from that to crush christianity and compare it to islamims while saying you're good person is the most fanatical thing I've seen in a while.
You see the answer lies in those same words:"I am a good person". Its not the religions that make the disasters. The disasters and deeds are made by the People within that religion. And they exist despite any religion. In any organization and in any time in history. Shield the bad deeds of men behind an organization to make others believe that yours is better is exactly how Totallitarists governments come to power. Any person who has lived in Comunism and escaped and knows a little history of his/her country knows that. Ask any Parsa that came to America in the 70's too. And it all begins with ignorant people thinking like that. That the fault is of the organization instead of being the people's fault.

Again, where are your facts?

Sodoma-Homosexuals-It Ended.
Greece-Homosexuals-It Ended.
Rome-Started Up hating homosexuals-Became Homosexuals(Caligula)-It Ended.

Besides all that. Simply for practical reasons: Penis+Penis != Children && Vagina+Vagina!=Children

I don't have anything again a person who honestly is a homosexual and doesn't mess with no one. I do hold a grudge agains the Miss America homosexual judge who "decided" against the competitor because she spoke her mind. The only reason I can think of is because deep inside he is very insecure about his sexuality and still think its wrong.And thus asummes he's being attacked when someone dissents.

The problem with most of you Americans that think like that is your extremes mentality. For the same reasons Racism exists so strongly in here and you are so afraid of descrimination. That it is something that will follow you forever. You cannot find the balance on anything. Its either black or white. It's a similar trauma to what Latin America has. Always pursuing its identity because there's actually none and what they end up doing is copying others. Ironically, those that they hate the most. You will never overcome your shortcomings unless you end up your fanatism. I don't see the British having so much trouble with black people and/or homosexuals. For you everything has to be outragueos and out of proportion. No matter which side you pull the string.

All of the sudden being: White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Christian has become the most criticized and pursued type of person in the world.

Homosexualism is NOT normal. It never is going to be unless we suffer a mutation. Not soon to happen. Does that means they have to be kicked around, NO. But it also does NOT mean that they have to be the true end all be all of society and bash heterosexuals because of it.

As I see it the problem is YOU. Not your condition, or your beliefs, or your organization but YOUR fanatical extremist outrageous mentality. No matter where or who you are, you all are alike.

I respect the rights of others to believe in whatever they want. However, because I choose NOT to believe, religious people think they have to CONVERT me back to believing in God. I respect your right to believe, so give me my right to NOT believe. Another funny thing about religion, if something GOOD happens to you, it's because you were good and god rewarded you, if something BAD happens to you, it's either because "it was just his/her time" (predestination) or "god works in mysterious ways" (ignorance and lack of taking responsibilities for one's own actions). You can't have it both ways, folks.

To those that say christianity is not as bad as some of the other "extreme" religions, I say this....what about the crusades? They were KILLING PEOPLE IN MASS that would not accept the word of god. The crusades were also used as a means to gain power and riches by STEALING from those that they were trying to convert. What's different about that than the muslim extremists killing christians or anyone that won't accept the muslim faith? There is no difference, they both KILL in the name of god...

+1 to TheRapture

Just because you don't believe in others 'gods' does that instantly make you a bad person? Sadly most overly religous idiots will basicly say yes and that you are going to that religons form of hell. Going to stop there going way off topic.....

Who is worse, the aetheist that lives an honest life, treats others well, raises his family honestly and doesn't cheat on his wife, or the every sunday church goer that spouts religion to everyone within ear shot, but in private cheats on his wife, drinks excessively, etc. I know many people like that, they use religion as a crutch because in the back of their mind they think " I can just ask god for forgiveness in the end and it will all be ok". That's a farce. Catholics state that you CANNOT GO TO HEAVEN if you are not catholic, hence why they baptize babies as soon as possible in case the child is killed. Muslims also say they are the only true way to get to heaven and catholics (or any other religion) CANNOT GO TO HEAVEN. It can't be both ways....

I love how everyone makes fun of Scientology when their own religions are JUST as ridiculous. Jesus Christ turned into a ghost and flew up into space, too, you know. He also payed taxes with magical money vomited from fish. :rolleyes: I say ban all religious organizations from editing anything in Wikipedia that doesn't directly pertain to the Wiki entry on their religion.

Well, I'm not religious or very hip and with-it when it comes to religion but I do believe that heaven is in no way outer space.

That said I have no real issue with your suggestion.

Although I agree with you on most of what you say. I'd like to see you living in Iran or in a Comunist country. And then we'll talk about it.

Yes, living in a christian country is much, much better than those you mention. But it still is seen that non believers are singled out and pursued as "bad" or "mislead" and are definitely a minority, one that is growing as we gain intelligence. Religion does not and cannot hold up to a mind that can objectively look at both sides and stop taking things on "faith" because someone says so. The bible, supposedly the word of god, has been re-written so many times to suit the whims or means of a new king or whatever, that the original message is so vastly different from the current one, that it bears no meaning any longer. It's a work of fiction.

Again, where are your facts?

Sodoma-Homosexuals-It Ended.
Greece-Homosexuals-It Ended.
Rome-Started Up hating homosexuals-Became Homosexuals(Caligula)-It Ended.

Besides all that. Simply for practical reasons: Penis+Penis != Children && Vagina+Vagina!=Children

I don't have anything again a person who honestly is a homosexual and doesn't mess with no one. I do hold a grudge agains the Miss America homosexual judge who "decided" against the competitor because she spoke her mind. The only reason I can think of is because deep inside he is very insecure about his sexuality and still think its wrong.And thus asummes he's being attacked when someone dissents.

The problem with most of you Americans that think like that is your extremes mentality. For the same reasons Racism exists so strongly in here and you are so afraid of descrimination. That it is something that will follow you forever. You cannot find the balance on anything. Its either black or white. It's a similar trauma to what Latin America has. Always pursuing its identity because there's actually none and what they end up doing is copying others. Ironically, those that they hate the most. You will never overcome your shortcomings unless you end up your fanatism. I don't see the British having so much trouble with black people and/or homosexuals. For you everything has to be outragueos and out of proportion. No matter which side you pull the string.

All of the sudden being: White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Christian has become the most criticized and pursued type of person in the world.

Homosexualism is NOT normal. It never is going to be unless we suffer a mutation. Not soon to happen. Does that means they have to be kicked around, NO. But it also does NOT mean that they have to be the true end all be all of society and bash heterosexuals because of it.

As I see it the problem is YOU. Not your condition, or your beliefs, or your organization but YOUR fanatical extremist outrageous mentality. No matter where or who you are, you all are alike.

Ever since the prominence of modern feminism, your argument has become largely irrelevant. People are basically using their business for pleasure, not for making children.

Other countries don't have so much of a problem because other countries don't involve religion in their politics. Whether the person's Christian, atheist, or whatever the hell, it doesn't matter, that's not what people vote for, everywhere, except here.

You forgot adding "Man" to "White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Christian." If you don't think this is necessary, I suggest taking a look at popular culture and seeing how men are portrayed compared to women.

What really needs to be done is to allow people to write their own marriage contracts, with whatever they'd like to have in them. This would end many problems at once.

Oh yeah, ban everyone who thinks a certain way, even if they have never actually harmed anyone, because you don't agree with them. That's a great idea. :rolleyes:

Too bad the mainstream religions have caused more death, torture and intolerance to women/minorities/homosexuals through out history than anything else in existence but yeah they don't harm anyone!

Give me a new spiel please to rip apart.

Perhaps you should try attending a good one instead stereotyping good people and good organizations as zealots.

Oh your a good person? That's nice.

Atheist historians will readily admit Jesus lived. The only thing that has ever been debated is if he rose from the dead. Oh, and historians don't agree with you that he had a wife.

1. What defines a "good one"? What are your criteria? I don't think all religious people are zealots, I never stated that, at all.

2. Yes, I am a good person. I don't cheat on my wife, I don't beat my children, I treat myself well by staying in shape, eating well. I don't over indulge and abuse alcohol as so many "christians" do. I live mostly honest (nobody is perfect, oh wait, you say Jesus was) and I don't use religion as a crutch to blame my failings on. And I DON'T let others tell me how to live my life, especially other humans trying to spread the "word" of god. As noted, the TEN COMMANDMENTS are telling me how to live my life! I don't need the bible to tell me, I use my own mind and experiences to tell me the difference between right and wrong, and I don't need religion to teach me that!

3. There are many historians, and much evidence out there, that jesus was married, too bad the catholic church has supressed so much over history that finding the truth is very hard, since they have twisted the message so many ways to meet their own power means. The Vatican is one of the most powerful entities in the world, it embodies the ULTIMATE combination of church AND state, NOT the separation of it!

Too bad the mainstream religions have caused more death, torture and intolerance to women/minorities/homosexuals through out history than anything else in existence but yeah they don't harm anyone!

Give me a new spiel please to rip apart.

Agreed. As I noted earlier, religion has caused more deaths in recorded history than ALL of the wars, plagues, and natural disasters combined, by a large amount.

Religion is the EMBODIMENT of intolerance! It says to accept others for what they are and forgive, then turn around and tell those different from them that they are bad/evil/sick/cursed and proceed to punish them for it when they won't accept the "word". How hippocritical.

Ever since the prominence of modern feminism, your argument has become largely irrelevant. People are basically using their business for pleasure, not for making children.
A joke,
What does a Woman says after she has an orgasm with a man?

Argentinean:
Yes yes yeeees. Baby you were incredible. But you cannot deny that I was better!!!
Venezuelan:
Daddy, Daddy, Daddy....Do you want me?
Cuban:
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, What a big thing, ladies and gentlemen!
North American:
Oh yeah, Oh Yeah Oh Yeeeeeees...
Excuse me? What's you name?

You see again, you think U.S. is the be all end all in the history of civilizations. The truth is that on the bad side of things. it isn't. America rised too fast. And is going down even faster.
American society and within it those selfentitled to spoke for themselves and others, have twisted many things to make them become unnatural. Women freezing their eggs to have their children when they want to and having pets instead? Sadly, everything is running underd the Standard of a new type of fanatics that think they can change the rules of the universe. Thus that's why americans are perceived as arrogant pricks all around the world. Not the the rest is better, but that's the reason why. While you're eating crap with homosexualism and discrimination Mexicans are having 6 or 8 kids, Asians are getting all the important and significants position within the society and Anglosaxons are retreating towards the Middle East of the country.
Same thing happened when Roma hired Barbarians to server on their army: "Decadence"

When Western civilization falls and the memory of the few people that know technology dies with it. You'll see evolutionary events thake their course back again. And sex will be for reproductory reasons primarily. And when you say "let's make a baby" you can add "and enjoy while you're at it".

Other countries don't have so much of a problem because other countries don't involve religion in their politics. Whether the person's Christian, atheist, or whatever the hell, it doesn't matter, that's not what people vote for, everywhere, except here.

You forgot adding "Man" to "White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Christian." If you don't think this is necessary, I suggest taking a look at popular culture and seeing how men are portrayed compared to women.

What really needs to be done is to allow people to write their own marriage contracts, with whatever they'd like to have in them. This would end many problems at once.

As I said before this cannot happen until people stop believing in something called the absolute truth. Wether is religious or scientific. If you think science can explain it all, then my friend your an science fanatic. The worse part is then, that you do not understand how science works at its heart. In the end you just have changed teams but you're still playing on the same field as the hipocritical priest that rapes the children.

You should consult Rousseau and what he thought about primitive societys and freedom.
Sometimes not knowing is better ;)

Religion is not a choice for most, our children are indoctrinated into it early, it is forced upon them at a time when they are impressionable and trusting of what we tell them. Our children are infected early by this virus of the mind and this causes much stress as they grow older, some are finally freed from the shackles if they trust their own minds enough to step away from the fear they were saddled with. As children, we are told that we face this eternal death of hell if we don't have "faith" and believe these incredible stories that make absolutely no sense, it's no wonder at this early age, when the world is brought to us this way, that we take it to heart.

Bullshit.

So you are saying that religion is a CHOICE for most children? It's not...at a very early age, we tell them that if they don't believe in god, that they could die and NOT go to this wonderful place called heaven, that instead they are going to burn in hell for eternity. That is getting them to accept religion based on FEAR. Children are very easily swayed at young ages, they are NOT taught both sides of the argument and allowed to make their own decision! Religion is the ultimate expression of a meme (one of the worst memes), a self replicating idea that requires a human mind to spread itself, a meme that causes and promotes fear, prejudice, and intolerance to those that are not believers. It shackles your mind, stunts your own mental development, and as I noted earlier, it makes you able to be self reliant because you now think that god will fix things for you, that god will determine your life.

Take for example, 100 athletes getting ready to run a marathon (or whatever), now say that before the race, they ALL pray to god to help them win, to give them the courage/strength/etc. to win. Of course, only one can win! So does that mean that the other 99 are not worthy of winning in god's eyes? That only one person is CHOSEN to win that particular race? Maybe the winner trained harder or wanted it more, why does it have to be god that made him win? That circular reasoning fails......

A joke,

Argentinean:
Yes yes yeeees. Baby you were incredible. But you cannot deny that I was better!!!
Venezuelan:
Cuban:
North American:

You see again, you think U.S. is the be all end all in the history of civilizations. The truth is that on the bad side of things. it isn't. America rised too fast. And is going down even faster.
American society and within it those selfentitled to spoke for themselves and others, have twisted many things to make them become unnatural. Women freezing their eggs to have their children when they want to and having pets instead? Sadly, everything is running underd the Standard of a new type of fanatics that think they can change the rules of the universe. Thus that's why americans are perceived as arrogant pricks all around the world. Not the the rest is better, but that's the reason why. While you're eating crap with homosexualism and discrimination Mexicans are having 6 or 8 kids, Asians are getting all the important and significants position within the society and Anglosaxons are retreating towards the Middle East of the country.
Same thing happened when Roma hired Barbarians to server on their army: "Decadence"

When Western civilization falls and the memory of the few people that know technology dies with it. You'll see evolutionary events thake their course back again. And sex will be for reproductory reasons primarily. And when you say "let's make a baby" you can add "and enjoy while you're at it".

As I said before this cannot happen until people stop believing in something called the absolute truth. Wether is religious or scientific. If you think science can explain it all, then my friend your an science fanatic. The worse part is then, that you do not understand how science works at its heart. In the end you just have changed teams but you're still playing on the same field as the hipocritical priest that rapes the children.

You should consult Rousseau and what he thought about primitive societys and freedom.

I don't have any clue as to what you're talking about or how it relates to what I said.

My argument was specifically based around the United States. I was not even talking about the rest of the world, but if you want to talk about it, it's more or less the same shit we have here, just with different styling so to speak. Yes, that includes non-western countries, and yes, this is coming from someone that's lived outside the US.

Americans are perceived as arrogant pricks because of our foreign policy, PERIOD. The entire perception had nearly died out until the war in Iraq began, and was resurrected. Against, I have lived outside of our country.

The difference between history and now is that before, civilizations fell. Now, they'll merge. Think globalization.

I'm not even going to respond to some of the more racist things you have written.

-----

I don't know where your second argument even comes from. I had said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about science whatsoever. I was talking about the media's portrayal of men, and the fact that the man cannot even theoretically win in a divorce in our society. Have you ever seen a woman pay child support?

A joke,

Argentinean:
Venezuelan:
Cuban:
North American:

lol wtf, this looks like it was google translated through several languages then back to English. It sucks though, about America having rised too fast and all that. And was the "A joke" part just a tease or was it the title of your post? Or are you just being very meta with your humor?

I don't have any clue as to what you're talking about or how it relates to what I said.

My argument was specifically based around the United States. I was not even talking about the rest of the world, but if you want to talk about it, it's more or less the same shit we have here, just with different styling so to speak. Yes, that includes non-western countries, and yes, this is coming from someone that's lived outside the US.

Sign of the times?

Americans are perceived as arrogant pricks because of our foreign policy, PERIOD. The entire perception had nearly died out until the war in Iraq began, and was resurrected. Against, I have lived outside of our country.

Is that a joke? Well you think you are right but then again, you ARE American. So that HAS to be your point of view.Good Luck with that.

The difference between history and now is that before, civilizations fell. Now, they'll merge. Think globalization.

Yeah, right! globalization. :rolleyes:

I'm not even going to respond to some of the more racist things you have written.

I've no idea what your talking about. Actually I'm surprised. If you think they are then that's your problem. I don't have your traumas and tabues. I'm half european, and half african and half chinese. Where I was raised , people are taken by who they are. Not their skin color, and we are all mixed. So pointing the finger like that its absurd.. Again you think the world is the same as you. I have lived outside America too. So I couldn't care less about racism.

-----
I don't know where your second argument even comes from. I had said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about science whatsoever. I was talking about the media's portrayal of men, and the fact that the man cannot even theoretically win in a divorce in our society. Have you ever seen a woman pay child support?

In this part. I wasn't talking to you. This is NOT private messaging. This IS a Forum.You asumme too much.:(

ENDURING_WARRIOR sounds pretty much like a "zealous religious nut", in fact, he almost sounds like he does not like western society at all, kind of like a mus....

He also needs to learn to spell a little better, and learn how to word a paragraph to present his argument in a fashion that is at least comprehensible (uh oh, grammar nazi at work). :D

So you are saying that religion is a CHOICE for most children? It's not...at a very early age, we tell them that if they don't believe in god, that they could die and NOT go to this wonderful place called heaven, that instead they are going to burn in hell for eternity. That is getting them to accept religion based on FEAR. Children are very easily swayed at young ages, they are NOT taught both sides of the argument and allowed to make their own decision! Religion is the ultimate expression of a meme (one of the worst memes), a self replicating idea that requires a human mind to spread itself, a meme that causes and promotes fear, prejudice, and intolerance to those that are not believers. It shackles your mind, stunts your own mental development, and as I noted earlier, it makes you able to be self reliant because you now think that god will fix things for you, that god will determine your life.

Take for example, 100 athletes getting ready to run a marathon (or whatever), now say that before the race, they ALL pray to god to help them win, to give them the courage/strength/etc. to win. Of course, only one can win! So does that mean that the other 99 are not worthy of winning in god's eyes? That only one person is CHOSEN to win that particular race? Maybe the winner trained harder or wanted it more, why does it have to be god that made him win? That circular reasoning fails......

Try saying that to a polish who fought comunism to free his country. You should be more humble and say:
"Under my Experience: RELIGION SUCKS!!!"

That's what I do.

RELIGION SUCKS!!! Because the way I lived it I felt betrayed by it.
Thank you.
:D

Enduring Warrior, I also could care less about color, race, whatever. ALL of us are HUMAN. The sooner the world could get over race and learn to work together the better! I am in a multi-racial marriage with "half breed" kids....so what. Big fucking wha wha, you on the other hand, are obviously prejudiced against americans, westerners, etc., and therefore are invalidating your own hippocritical and weak arguments.

lol wtf, this looks like it was google translated through several languages then back to English. It sucks though, about America having rised too fast and all that. And was the "A joke" part just a tease or was it the title of your post? Or are you just being very meta with your humor?

I have another joke for you.

ELIAN, ELIAN.

Is on spanish though and on your case the last letter should be.

ELIAL.

Its an Acronym since you guys like to use them so much.
:D

You don't like, Don't take it.

200 years is nothing compared to 800.

A joke,

Argentinean:
Venezuelan:
Cuban:
North American:

holy crap that is a lot of bullshit for one post. that has to be some of the most shit ive ever seen shoveled into one sitting. how science works at its heart? thats the very definition of absolute truth!

The only thing more stupid than scientology is idiots arguing about religion on the internet.

Enduring Warrior, I also could care less about color, race, whatever. ALL of us are HUMAN. The sooner the world could get over race and learn to work together the better! I am in a multi-racial marriage with "half breed" kids....so what. Big fucking wha wha, you on the other hand, are obviously prejudiced against americans, westerners, etc., and therefore are invalidating your own hippocritical and weak arguments.

One point, you still are being ABSOLUTE. Keep on that crudge.

Thank you for thinking I was referring to all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back