Wiis on Amazon tomorrow (12/29)!

hkhawk

Limp Gawd
For all you guys looking for Wiis:

Wii Available for Purchase 12/29: The Nintendo Wii will again be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 12/29, Friday morning, at some point between 7am and 11am PST. We will be limiting purchases to one per household. We anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as demand for this product continues to be very high. At this time, we do not have any information on future Nintendo Wii offers, but we will post updates on future availability on this page.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-...sr_1/103-2779812-0390240?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good times! Hope some people that aren't intending to scam/resell finally get their consoles.

Is there even much of a resell market at this point? Most of the ebay ads have no bidders, though it irks me just to see soooo many wii auctions. I mean, the christmas rush is over and with it all the parents that would spend that much on a console just to appease tehir kids (which I hope are the target market for those auctions). Anyway, thanks for the heads up, hopefully I can finally snag one. Anyone know of a ajax page or script for checking amazon with no refresh/modest refresh rate?

If nintendo brings a good supply of wii to the retailers like they did for christmas , im pretty sure the resellers on ebay will stop buying those gecause of the avaibility...

but now about the wiimote...

Heh, demand for Wiis hasn't slacked. Saw near a hundred people go to camp for a Wii around 3am for the last shipment and still didn't get it. Amazon's is all e-bay or bundle priced around 540 and up.

I wouldn't count on buying these in stores till February at the earliest.

i was checking out wiichat.com

a lot of guys are just waltzing into targets and k marts.. and finding them...

I was watching that page, it went from "waiting for 12/29 sometime between 7-10pst (or whatever)" to SOLD OUT in one refresh.

yeah same here. I've been refreshing every constantly all morning... don't understand how i missed that.

Well they never said how many they had in stock, it could have been 2. It sure produced a lot of buzz and generated a lot of traffic to their site though.

Wow, that was so lame. I didn't even see it go up. I heard that there were only about a dozen and they sold out in 5 seconds.

I'm never going to get a Wii :(

DeathCloud said:
I can not beleive how hard it is to find a WII. This is driving me crazy. :eek:

Me either, considering there is no reason to be in such a lather to get one right now.

Is Wii Sports going to be any less fun a month from now? No.
Is Zelda going to be any less fun a month from now? No.
Are there any online gaming opportunities that might fade quickly that you'll miss if you wait? No.

Just like the gamecube. Nintendo releases with a couple good titles and then makes you wait 6 months before something else worth buying comes around the bend.

well after refreshing for an hour my dad walked in with one from my local kmart. I just asked him if he could stop by on his way back from the grocery store to check when their next shipment was expected (a lot of places are supposedly getting shipments on the 31st) and they just happened to have a bunch! So if you've still had no luck, maybe try there? Here I was bitching and there were several within walking distance of me waiting to be bought. I'm sure you guys will get yours soon...wii sports isn't even that fun single-player

Well, I managed to get an Amazon 60GB PS3. Woohoo...I've completed the triforce of next gen systems.

eastvillager said:
Just like the gamecube. Nintendo releases with a couple good titles and then makes you wait 6 months before something else worth buying comes around the bend.
The Wii is selling better than the GC ever did. I think developers will notice and respond accordingly.

Boss' wife walked into a target this afternoon and walked out with a Wii, still hunting for an extra controller though.

I got a wii today at TRU!!!

WOOOOOOO!!! FINALLY..

jesus.. after about 5 attempts I finally get one.. jesus..

eastvillager said:
Me either, considering there is no reason to be in such a lather to get one right now.

Is Wii Sports going to be any less fun a month from now? No.
Is Zelda going to be any less fun a month from now? No.
Are there any online gaming opportunities that might fade quickly that you'll miss if you wait? No.

Some of us are going to be hunched over our desks writing papers all day a month from now ;)

Back