Wii U game transfer question

icetrey47

Limp Gawd
I did a bit of internet searching for this but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for ... basically my situation is this.

I sold my Wii about a year ago, having wiped it clean prior to the sale. If I were to go out and buy a Wii U right now, is there any way to get content from my Wii account and load it on the Wii U without needing an actual Wii to do it? All the info I find makes it sound like you HAVE to have a Wii to do any transfer since the two accounts are different.

Are my options basically buying a used Wii and try to re-download all the content that way, then do an SD Card transfer, or basically just start buying shit from scratch?

No that content was on that console and when you wiped it its gone.

To be more specific it was tied to that consoles serial number they are working to switch content to id not the system but that isn't there yet they did just fix Eshop sharing between console and handheld.

I'm pretty sure you can recover previously downloaded content (Virtual Console content) on a new Wii simply by logging into the Marketplace and poking around ... I'm just wondering if there is a way to accomplish this without having to have a Wii to do it.

I'm pretty sure you can recover previously downloaded content (Virtual Console content) on a new Wii simply by logging into the Marketplace and poking around ... I'm just wondering if there is a way to accomplish this without having to have a Wii to do it.

You figure that out you'd be the first it isn't like live or psn

Back