Wii troubleshooting question

greenhorn1

Limp Gawd
I got home late last night and finally got my wii hooked up and noticed a problem but didn't have time to troubleshoot it so I'll ask here in case it's something common.

I connected to my wireless network, downloaded the system update and internet browser. I left the option for wiiconnect24 or whatever it's called on.

I played the system for a while and then hit the power button to turn it off. After a bit the area around the disc drive started to glow blue. I didn't turn the system back on (was watching a movie) approximately an hour later the blue glow stopped and the system has no power and will not turn on unless I unplug the AC adaptor from the system and plug it back in. This has happened twice now (i assume since I played a bit more, went to bed and this morning system had no power again).

Do I need to do something when it's making the blue glow? Or is it not functioning properly? I used it for 2 days before connecting to internet and it seemed to work fine during that period.

Any help is appreciated.

In the console setup area of the Wii Menu, there is a setting for the blue light...."dim", "bright" or "off". I stumbled across that myself.

The blue glow means you have a new message. It goes away when you turn on the console.. If you were unable to turn the Wii on and everything was still plugged in and stuff I would give their tech support number a call just in case..

I noticed the same thing. Got up the day after xmas early in the morning and the illuminator slot was glowing. Turned it on and off real quick and now the slot doesnt "glow" at all anymore. When I turn it on i get a loud feedback pop through my speakers and the slow glows for a second and then shuts off. The Wii itself works fine, so more of a nusense than anything.

Back