Wii Media Center

fuelvolts

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been busy looking on the interwebs for a Wii Media center. I want to be able to listen to my music (mainly), look at pictures (some time), and watch video (rarely).

I've tried Orb, but it took too much PC resources.
There's one I haven't tried, but development stopped, so no updates. It's called Wii Media Center X.

It will be wireless and the "server" will be my PC in sig running WinXP Pro.

Basically, what do you use? I really don't want to spend ~$200 on parts to make a HTPC.
Thanks is advance!

as for now all wii media centers must use FLV format through the internet channel in order to broadcast any network video

it sucks, trust me, irregardless of orb, wii media center x, red kawa,

homebrew community is developing with the release of twilight hack, what looks promising is wii miidia. a homebrew port of xbox media center.

only problem is the dev is a dilweed and he won't release anything despite months of "work", TBH 1/2 the community thinks he's lying, other are just patently waiting.

MFE exists currently, it's also a homebrew media player based off the linux media player. problem is it only allows video off SD card, I havn't tried it out to test quality yet. I will tonight probably.

here we are paitently waiting. good thing though because the current homebrew emulators for the wii are fantastic.

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify that I don't have a modded wii and I have the 3.3 update, so no twilight hack.

I don't mind using the internet channel to browse, just mainly want to have my music in the living room for listing/parties/studying, etc.

3.3 has already been hacked and has a new twilight hack release.

go get it :p

also, if you don't want to use orb (strange that it runs slow) wii miidia dev has stated he wants shoutcast to be integrated.

Ahh, didn't know that 3.3 had been hacked. I'd still rather not hack my 1 month old wii. :)
I just reformatted my pc about 3 days ago (it had been a year). I'll try orb again, maybe it was just my PC. When I tried orb, it was on Vista 64. I recently (again, 3 days ago) went back to XP.

Back