Wii Fit

I like the fact you have to complete exercises before you move onto the next - means theres no opportunity for slacking! If i buy one, apart from a TV do i need any other equiptment?
you'll just need enough space to be able to do the lay down excercises and raise your hands in the air. ceiling fan caught me yesterday.

My girlfriend canceled her gym membership after she got it this past week.

She works out longer, and harder, using Wii Fit than she ever did at the gym. She loves it.

My girlfriend canceled her gym membership after she got it this past week.

She works out longer, and harder, using Wii Fit than she ever did at the gym. She loves it.
I give it 30 days!!

I've been trying to figure out to get a wii and wii fit for my gf since it came out... without making her think that I think she's fat.

She wants to exercise and we have a small gym at my apt complex, but she'd never go. Maybe with me, but it would be hard to I think.

You can't force someone to exercise or lose weight.

You can encourage them, but they need to want to do it. Getting your GF Wii Fit (or any exercise or weight loss product) in the hopes that it will make her lose weight is a lose/lose situation.

You can't force someone to exercise or lose weight.

You can encourage them, but they need to want to do it. Getting your GF Wii Fit (or any exercise or weight loss product) in the hopes that it will make her lose weight is a lose/lose situation.

See above, I edited it. If you know someone wants something, but needs help with motivating, you can sure try.

I've been trying to figure out to get a wii and wii fit for my gf since it came out... without making her think that I think she's fat.

She wants to exercise and we have a small gym at my apt complex, but she'd never go. Maybe with me, but it would be hard to I think.

Do you two live together? If so you could "get it for yourself" and use the excuse of wanting to check it out because you've heard so many good things about it, or you wanted to try yoga, etc. Then just get really into it and hope she follows suit.

Or if she doesn't live with you, get one for each of you and make a bet that you can lose x amount of pounds before she can, but secretly supplement your diet with twinkies, then you can be all like "Oh man, you totally beat me!" :D

Do you two live together? If so you could "get it for yourself" and use the excuse of wanting to check it out because you've heard so many good things about it, or you wanted to try yoga, etc. Then just get really into it and hope she follows suit.

Or if she doesn't live with you, get one for each of you and make a bet that you can lose x amount of pounds before she can, but secretly supplement your diet with twinkies, then you can be all like "Oh man, you totally beat me!" :D

Yeah no I'm already a skinny bastard. I need to do weight lifting, lol. We do live together however.

I could just be like "I wanted it for Wii Sports.... oh hey Wii Fit."

Well, the Wii is a multi pack with almost everything-yoga training, balance training as well as aerobics. Even the old people love it.All of my sport freaks think it is their best option for exercising.

You have to really be out of shape if you think wii fit is going do much for you. I guess it's good for people just starting out. If you want to see any noticible results you need to dedicate yourself to a real excercise program that will challange you.

Your better off going to the gym and having a friend or someone show you how to do yoga/exercises correctly.

Staying and being in shape is all about self motivation. Wii-fit may motivate some to workout, but the majority will use it for a short period of time and get sick of working out and/or the very limited excersize set wii-fit offers.

Your also not going get much motivation based on physical results because wii-fit will have minimal results in that category.

Wii-fit cannot distinguish if your doing the exercises correctly and that's a huge flaw. Getting in shape is all about consistency and doing your exercises correctly. Doing them wrong can lead to injury and/or not lead to the results you want.

Do you realize you can go on you-tube and see real exercises, beyond the highly limited wii-fit routine, done in a correct manner, for free.

Why?

She'd been going to the gym for years. She never liked the gym much. She much prefers working out at home.
Because if she uses it for say an hour a day, i guarantee its going to annoy the hell out of her in less than 30 days, mark my words!

Buy it and play it yourself, she'll then ask to give it a try and then you won't need to worry about her thinking that you think she is/isn't fat.

Because if she uses it for say an hour a day, i guarantee its going to annoy the hell out of her in less than 30 days, mark my words!

She seems to think that doing boxing, yoga, and step aerobics an hour a day is better than spending an hour a day on a treadmill, which she did for a long time.

I'll let you know in about 20 days ;)

I don't know, I used to do 30 min on an elliptical machine and my heart never got above 140. I did 10 minutes of wii fit hula hoop (expert) and I felt that my heart was going to explode.

I don't know, I used to do 30 min on an elliptical machine and my heart never got above 140. I did 10 minutes of wii fit hula hoop (expert) and I felt that my heart was going to explode.

Yeah. She's in good shape. She typically did about 4 miles at 6.0 mph on the treadmill, plus a warm up and cool down, along with some relatively light weight training at the gym. Her heart rate was typically 140-150 on the treadmill.

She tells me that 45 minutes to an hour on Wii Fit kicks her butt more than her typical gym workout did. Looking at the panting and sweat, I believe her.

She also says it's more fun than the gym ever was. And she doesn't have to jump in the car and drive anywhere. She loves it.

Looks like fun... and thats what i like to have when i play games.

You have to really be out of shape if you think wii fit is going do much for you. I guess it's good for people just starting out. If you want to see any noticible results you need to dedicate yourself to a real excercise program that will challange you.

Your better off going to the gym and having a friend or someone show you how to do yoga/exercises correctly.

Staying and being in shape is all about self motivation. Wii-fit may motivate some to workout, but the majority will use it for a short period of time and get sick of working out and/or the very limited excersize set wii-fit offers.

Your also not going get much motivation based on physical results because wii-fit will have minimal results in that category.

From your post is sounds like you havn't actually tried it. I'd recommend trying it, then commenting on your results. No one has ever claimed it is going to give you a bowflex body. It will however get you into BETTER shape. It is not a replacement for a gym.

Wii-fit cannot distinguish if your doing the exercises correctly and that's a huge flaw. Getting in shape is all about consistency and doing your exercises correctly. Doing them wrong can lead to injury and/or not lead to the results you want.

Do you realize you can go on you-tube and see real exercises, beyond the highly limited wii-fit routine, done in a correct manner, for free.

In the first paragraph you say doing an exercise by watching someone on a screen is dangerous and can lead to injury. In the second paragraph you say you should go watch youtube videos published by amatures instead.... This makes no sense.

I really enjoy Wii Fit and I’m fairly athletic. For me the best part, and hardest, is balance. I really think that this is an underrated tool in this game. While you’re not going to pack on muscle, it will work you out and has great potential for overweight individuals. Anybody who hasn’t worked on it wouldn’t know. Another wonderful advent that Nintendo did well is the tempo of you workout. Most people who go to the gym hammer out reps too quickly. The reason for doing this is that they can engage in more weight, but at the expense of balance and form. Take for instance the Push Ups. It literally takes 5 min to knock down 30+. By controlling the tempo correctly, you’ll work your muscles more efficiently and get your balance in form. Both my wife and I each have a gym membership, and we still enjoy Wii Fit. I’d definitely recommend to anyone, athletic or not.

Well I'd love to get a Wii Fit...just too bad there is like no place to buy it! I think I'd have an easier time finding uranium in my back yard!

Any one got any tips as to where to look, or know of any distribution channels that may let folks know when Nintendo will actually let a few slip through their iron grasp? :rolleyes:

nintendo is pretty damn smart. They are going to make more money if their customers don't die premature deaths due to preventable heart disease.

I got a wii fit for my birthday, it is pretty fun so far. I usually exercise a lot(1+ hour a day) but in the past 6 months its dropped off to maybe once a week(and not to the best results) so the wii fit is very welcome.

The Wiifit has done me wonders..................i sold the wiifit for twice the price i paid for it and bought myself a nice rowing machine!, Thank you Nintendo for keeping me fit!!

The Wiifit has done me wonders..................i sold the wiifit for twice the price i paid for it and bought myself a nice rowing machine!, Thank you Nintendo for keeping me fit!!

Did you even use it, or are you just one of the scammers?

Did you even use it, or are you just one of the scammers?

By day 30 something id had enough of the same annoying one liners, same annoying music, Unrealistic BMI for people that already have muscle or are broad shouldered etc, nothing else to unlock apart from the time recorders colour, No set training programs so you can have it without having to press wiimote buttons etc, I wouldnt have been a scammer if if the Wii fit actually felt like a full piece of software.

I bought this on launch day just because I thought the balance board was a neat piece of technology. I just wanted to see how it felt and have it around for any future games that may use it.

To me, this is not a game. Turning it on seems like a chore. If I want to turn on the Wii, I want to be having fun. I use it once a day to take my weight and that is it. The BMI is crap as is the fitness age.

Wii Play gets more play time than the excercises on this. If they had put on a whole disc of mini games like the balance exercises then it might have at least been fun casually.

I just saw how much these are selling for on ebay. I can't comprehend paying over retail for something. Then again, Wii Fit (and Wii) can be found easily around here. I should start an ebay store.

Anybody care to show me a launch title for a console that really showed what it was capable of? The wii-fit "game" is nothing more than a wii-sports. It is just a demo of technology with a gimic attached. It is the next gen of games that will tell the realy story of the balance board.

However, the wife likes it...all that matters.

Got Rockband for the wii yesterday. Play 5 or 6 songs on the drums at medium difficulty or higher and you will definitely get a good workout. I was sweating my butt off. Do that plus a wii fit workout and bring on the triathlons.

Wiifit is next on my list. just need to wait a few paychecks. RB put a dent.

Got Rockband for the wii yesterday. Play 5 or 6 songs on the drums at medium difficulty or higher and you will definitely get a good workout. I was sweating my butt off. Do that plus a wii fit workout and bring on the triathlons.

Wiifit is next on my list. just need to wait a few paychecks. RB put a dent.

Yeah I'm waiting for cash to buy rock band. I would've been able to afford it I think but I had to replace my brakes this weekend... set me back $616 :(. I've played it with my friend and it's a blast. A lot more songs and better DLC than guitar hero 3.

Back