• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wii Causes Weight Loss

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
It is official, the Wii can actually aid in weight loss! Can it be? Getting up off the couch and playing games (versus just being a couch potato) is good? You learn something every day!

DeLorenzo chronicled his progress on his blog at WiiNintendo.net, which includes weight-loss charts and "before" and "after" pictures, as well as shots recalling Rocky Balboa, the City of Brotherly Love's most famous fictional resident -- with Wiimotes.
 
My brother gave me one for my birthday - December 20.. I too, have lost some weight, about five pounds. Nothing else has changed.. I was surprised. :cool:
 
That's quite an inspirational article. The actual site is here.

When I first started training martial arts, ~'98, I was 220lbs. Mind you I'm only 5'7", so I was approaching black hole status. Six months later I was 160lbs, and now I hover between 135-140lbs.

It's pretty darn easy to loose weight. First ditch the six cans/day pop, really you don't need that much Mountain Dew. If this is hard replace it with something else, tea, coffee (no sugar, cream, or milk), or diet (yuck, though Diet Dr Pepper isn't too bad). Next add some cardio, 20-30min/day, to get heart rate up to 140-160bpm (depends on age and other factors, consult physician or wiki). Later add some strength training. Done.

Martial arts is fantastic for this. It has an excellent combination of strength and cardio. Furthermore it'll work your mind as well. Oh and it's a lot of fun.
 
Yes I predicted this was gonna happen with one of my very old posts.

I'm glad people are at least becoming more healty... however, now you face lower weight but injured joints and busted tv's....
 
Random note: Wii games are about 10x times more fun drunk, especially Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.
 
are they losing weight from getting physical exercise, or are they losing weight from neglicting food and sleep because they're too busy playing?:p
 
are they losing weight from getting physical exercise, or are they losing weight from neglicting food and sleep because they're too busy playing?:p

My theory would be they weighed themselfs before even going out to buy one.. Then its the hunt alone that makes you lose the weight.. Seriously.. These things a bitch to get a hold of!!!

All kidding aside, it is kinda interesting to hear of folks actually loosing weight while enjoying something.. I'm sure our government will do a Nintendo super tax soon if it becomes a common treatment trend ;)
 
Get off your fat ass and do something that requires movement. They should somehow make it a requirement that you're standing to use it. I have a very large friend who just got one, but the lazy bugger plays it from the couch. well at least he's moving around a bit and not just sitting comatose watching tv as he balloons to enormous proportions. Another great thing for anyone who drinks lots of soda or other high sugar beverage is it to stop I'm 6'5" and I started scaring the hell out of 230lbs. Not huge or anything, but it started pissing me off. Stopped drinking soda 3 months ago and I lost 20 lbs; while still eating a lot of crap fatty foods. I really want to get my hands of a Wii, but I'm sure as hell not paying 350+ for one. Looks like I'm waiting 3 months or so for supply to start matching demand so I can get one for retail price.
 
i havn't lost weight yet... we party... drink smoke and i think i gained 2 pounds.

so maybe next time i shouldn't play sports with cookies and donut gems. but its alot funner this way! (and 5.99 12packs of octoberfest).
 
Back
Top