WII Available @ Sears.com

I tried getting one and when I checked out it says that they are out of stock....

The Wii Remotes and Nunchuck are available there too! I just ordered them and it worked.

Ouch... One wii controller for 60 dollars?

I just bought two. *sigh*

Edit: I tried to buy two.. now sears isnt responding. *double sigh*
Edit 2: I got 3 instead. ;)

Ouch... One wii controller for 60 dollars?

I just bought two. *sigh*

Edit: I tried to buy two.. now sears isnt responding. *double sigh*

Or just run to your local Walmart/ToysRus/Mejiers

In stock when I add to cart, but says "out of stock" when I got to checkout. Talk about being too good to be true and shattering your dreams. lol

You guys pay me $10 extra per remote pair and I'll be happy to grab you some and mail it :)

It amazes me just how many adults are chomping at the bits to buy a video game console... especially on a site for computer gurus...

That being said I stood in walmart for about 20 min last week watching the demo video of the wii playing in the elctronics dept. lol (though seeing the controler burst into flames on utube kinda quelled any childish desires...)

You guys pay me $10 extra per remote pair and I'll be happy to grab you some and mail it :)

i was going to guess you worked in redwood city, but looks like a no according to where you live. :) i've got access to a bunch of remotes too, similar to ockie.

we used to have a bunch of wiis too, but they're likely gone.

Even if they WERE in stock, would this actually be a "Hot Deal" since the asking price is full retail?

Wouldn't a "hot deal" be something, that, you know, is selling for a lower than retail price? I.e. a "SALE" price?

Not necessarily. Some would say the chance to just get one is indeed the "hot" part of this deal.

why don't you guys buy wii motes and controllers from store.nintendo.com ? :confused:

I pose a question to all of you:

Is it a [H]ot deal to pay full retail on an item?

^ Because they like the challenge... When are we going to stop seeing the "Wii available @ blah" threads? I'm pretty sure they are widely available, my friend had no problem getting one about a month ago in New York non-the-less. Just check random shops, some of them are bound to have em.

And a question back to you....

Is it a Hot deal to be able to get a hold of a PS3 60GB for full retail on Launch Day and BEFORE the holidays? Ask yourself this and all those lucky people who made at least double their money on the release date.

I stopped by the Walmart last night and they had about 10 Nintendo Wiis, about 10 controllers, probably 15 nunchucks, and also had the "Wii Play" game in stock. About 10 of those which come with controllers as well.

And a question back to you....

Is it a Hot deal to be able to get a hold of a PS3 60GB for full retail on Launch Day and BEFORE the holidays? Ask yourself this and all those lucky people who made at least double their money on the release date.

Yeah but then you gotta factor in the time they waited, some people for a god damn week or more! For some people it might be worth it, but others are better off actually working in more comfortable conditions, and making even more money.

It is when the "going rate" is higher than retail. Note from eBay auctions, Amazon reseller prices, etc. that the going rate is indeed higher than retail, making retail the best deal you'll find, and therefore a [H]ot deal.

I paid 80 dollars over retail only 3 days ago, and that was lucky - 80 dollars off is a hot deal to me.

Also, I bought some controllers when I saw this, so it was really useful. There's not a controller in any store within a few hundred miles of where I live.

Even if they WERE in stock, would this actually be a "Hot Deal" since the asking price is full retail?

Wouldn't a "hot deal" be something, that, you know, is selling for a lower than retail price? I.e. a "SALE" price?

I would say this is hot compared to the $600 package deals that a lot of companies offer. I would like to buy the console and then choose my own games/accessories thank you very much.;)

i bought my wii when we got a tip that Costco may have a crate of PS3's (so we could buy and sell)

It ended up being 24 Wii's, so I bought it and love the system. I did however sell off my personal PS3. Played Resistance and it just wasnt worth it.

i bought my wii when we got a tip that Costco may have a crate of PS3's (so we could buy and sell)

It ended up being 24 Wii's, so I bought it and love the system. I did however sell off my personal PS3. Played Resistance and it just wasnt worth it.

I'm thinking it will be at least a year before the PS3 is worth it...same as the Xbox 360 which is why I waited until this past November to get one.

^ Because they like the challenge... When are we going to stop seeing the "Wii available @ blah" threads? I'm pretty sure they are widely available, my friend had no problem getting one about a month ago in New York non-the-less. Just check random shops, some of them are bound to have em.

I'm in ny and I can assure they are still quite scarce

Back