• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wii 480p problem

darkeen

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
4,267
So I just got my wii a few hours ago (wii sports rocks :D). Anyway I got to digging around in the menus and saw that it was not in 480p mode (I have component cables). Now I set it in 480p and I get a green tint to the screen (as if the other channels are missing). Anyone else have this problem and/or know of a fix? I have not yet checked cables so that might be the issue.
 
Do you have first or third party cables?

I would check the connections to the Wii and your TV. If that doesn't work, your best bet would probably be exchanging the cables to see if it's a problem with them, or the Wii.
 
So I just got my wii a few hours ago (wii sports rocks :D). Anyway I got to digging around in the menus and saw that it was not in 480p mode (I have component cables). Now I set it in 480p and I get a green tint to the screen (as if the other channels are missing). Anyone else have this problem and/or know of a fix? I have not yet checked cables so that might be the issue.

Definately check the cables (specifically that a)the green and blue connectors are not switched and B ) the red component cable has not been confused with the red stereo connector).

Of course, if the color looked fine in 480i with component, don't know what to tell ya.
 
Ok should have given a bit more detail. Cables run from the wii to my receive which then run to my TV via (TV works fine from other sources). The thing that is odd is that the wii displays fine over the component cables in 480i mode. It's only when I change the software to force 480p does it actually go green on me.
 
That's extremely weird.

Are you saying that, right now, when you switch from 480p to 480i the problem goes away?

It's got to be a cable issue. I suppose one of the cables is attenuating its signal too much compared to the Y cable.

If the problem does not occur on other devices attached through your receiver to the TV playing 480p+ sources, return/exchange your Wii cables.
 
Ok should have given a bit more detail. Cables run from the wii to my receive which then run to my TV via (TV works fine from other sources). The thing that is odd is that the wii displays fine over the component cables in 480i mode. It's only when I change the software to force 480p does it actually go green on me.

I had the exact same problem. I even bought another pair of cables and the same green screen of death came. My conclusion was even though I have a $10k plasma tv it cant do 480p. Its probably your TV, at least thats what I was told. I'm over it now
 
You said your running the cables through a reciever? Try running the cables directly to the TV. Also what type of reciever? I know some of the middle to lower end ones do not pass video very well and some even say they might night work unless the same video type (component s vid etc) is used all around.

Also try switching the componant inputs on the reciever to make sure the one its connected to isnt bad. If the Wii works direct to the TV its the reciever, if it works on a different input its the reciever. If it just wont work, exchange the cables, if problem persists consult TV manufacturer.
 
I'll check cables to the tv tomorrow. The receiver is an arcam AVR350 and the panel is a Pioneer PDP-425CMX.
 
Back
Top