WiFi problem with Toshiba Satellite

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Have a Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255. Installed a mini WiFi card from Broadcom that's 802.11b/g capable. This came out of another laptop of mine and I know it works and it's hardly been used.

I cannot connect to my WiFi router. I'm confident that I have the antenna corrections installed correctly. I have the switch set to on for WiFi on the side of the laptop. I've checked the Device Manager and the Broadcom Network Adapter is listed and shown as working properly. I do have MAC filtering setup on the router but I did get the MAC off of the mini WiFi and have triple check that it was entered correctly into the router. Using a DLink DI-784 which I've had no problems with my other laptop.

Any ideas? Installing this card in my girlfriends Toshiba so I can get her online.

First thing you should do is turn MAC filtering off and any other security measures you have in place, encryption for instance. You should try the card in another laptop if possible. Are you using the utility that came with the card or XP wireless ocnfig utility? What is happening? No AP when you scan from the client? In other words, give some more details about your experirence other than it isn't working.

I agree, turn off all the security shit to keep it simple and see if you can connect to it. You may have to use the wireless cards software in order to work correctly as Windows XP SP2 wireless sometimes doesn't make wireless cards happy.

This Broadcom card came in my laptop and it worked just fine. I cannot get it to work in this Toshiba.

Odd thing is, to me anyway, I have access to the Broadcom utility and the XP utility as well. If I try to scan it tells me to switch the WiFi card on first. But, I already have it set to on. But, the little LED light doesn't come on.

I do not see any APs when doing a scan. But then the Broadcom utility always tells me "The radio on your 802.11 network adapter is disabled. Use the hardware radio control switch to enable it.". It's already switched on.

Back