Wierdest Issue Ever...

MugsyGoten

Limp Gawd
I just built my new computer, everything was going fine, but I tried installing a corporate WinXP along with my regular XP Pro, and everything was going fine...

That is until it went to the setup. At the setup, I have 5 seconds or so to select my OS, and by default its on the XP Pro Setup...like it should be. The problem is there is a bad something in the program and my computer goes to an error screen which makes me restart the computer, and then it does the same thing. The deal is that I cant use the keyboard to switch to the regular XP so I can UNDO what Ive done here. I can however enter the BIOS for some reason. Can anyone help me out on how to fix this monstrocity?

EDIT: I swotched keyboards and for some reason that worked. However, now that Im in normal windows, I need to know what Ive gotta delete/alter in order to get that Windows XP Professional Setup option taken away. I dont think it system restored before then, so if anyone out there could tell me what I need to delete to be back where I started...that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

A shot in the dark would be
control panel
system
advanced
startup and recovery
then edit the file to take out that setup thingy
once that is done just delete the setup file and if its on a different hard drive format that drive

awesome thanks! problem solved. Now I have one more wierd problem that still lingers. Im using WinXP without SP1, so I dont have USB 2.0 support. I would like it, but it appears its not exactly in the cards for me. The wierd thing is that I was playing around, and all of a sudden, my USB plug-and-play just stopped working. My USB mouse still works, but the keyboard and my 20 Gig external drive dont register at all. Does anyone know whats up here? All help is appreciated.

Have you tested those ports? Like switching your mouse and keyboard so you can see if the port is bad. If youve already done that i think you should look into ways to get sp1. Oh and check system -hardware-device manager make sure all is well. And my last idea is did you load your motherboard drivers?

It may be a hardware issue. Some Gigabyte boards are known to be prone to USB weirdness, if that's what you have.

Back