Wierd Vista WMP11/Zune issue

XboxodX

Gawd
I'm having this strange problem where neither WMP nor the Zune Software can read cds, but they can still burn cds. They can only play the first 57 seconds of the 1st track, then that's it. I'm dual-booting Vista x64 and XP x64 and XP can read the cds just fine. Both programs spit out error code C00D0FAB which asks me to turn on error correction which makes no difference whether I have it on or off. Any ideas?

Sounds like a driver issue, but as said, try something like itunes to see whats up.

Yeah I can see the disk in explorer. All dvds and program cds work fine. I'm gonna try itunes now to see if it does the same thing.

EDIT: Itunes does the same thing. The drive is fine (it reads the same cds in XP x64) and the disk is brand new and works elsewhere. Any ideas?

Well that partially worked. Zune can now read the cds but iTunes and WMP still can't

That makes zero sense, lol....
Zune is third-party app. All sfc /scannow will check is the files that came with the OS- and Zune is not any part of what came with the OS.

So iTunes can't even read it...

Has this always been a problem or just recently?

Did you try running Windows update?

That makes zero sense, lol....
Zune is third-party app. All sfc /scannow will check is the files that came with the OS- and Zune is not any part of what came with the OS.

So iTunes can't even read it...

Has this always been a problem or just recently?

Did you try running Windows update?
Ok I installed updated Nvidia SATA drivers from Windows Update and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks alot guys!

Back