Wierd problem with P4P800-E Deluxe

The Donut

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

I just built a machine using the P4P800-E Deluxe and 4x256MB OCZ PC3500, and using 2xSATA hdd in RAID0 using the onboard Promise controller.

However, for some reason as soon as I put the drives in raid, I get memory errors all over the place. If I take the drives out of raid formation, no memory errors.

Using the onboard Intel RAID controller, it als works fine. Just when using the promise, which is the one my client wants to use, I get memory errors.

Any ideas?

Promise Controller= PDC20378

So if you have to use the Promise controller, how do you have the BIOS set up in regards to the IDE config. Is your IDE operation mode set to compatablitiy or enhanced? Also how is the IDE port settings toggled, (Primary P-ATA & S-ATA, Secondary P-ATA & S-ATA, P-ATA ports only). And i'm sure you've moved all these around but also the Configure Sata Raid, must be set to Yes as well? Also just to be sure have you tested the memory to make sure there isn't any problems with it at all? When do the memory errors occur, what OS are you using....

Norvac

Just a few errors here and there. With the raid disabled no errors and in another machine, no errors.

Back