Wierd pixels when playing dvds and video

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
I figured this was the best forum for this type of problem but what is happening is that when i watch movies and videos there are weird blue and red pixels mostly in dark spots. I highlighted some in the pictures to show what i'm talking about.

System Specs:
Asus a8n-sli deluxe
amd 3800+ x2
2gb kingston ram
7300le

You found it! I am sorry to tell you that your entire system is about to explode and destroy the entire building that it is in. The blue and red pixels and distortions are actually a count down code being sent by satellite to all TV’s and Computers that receives the signal to explode and catch fire to destroy every city in this country. This is a plot by Osama bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda organization to eradicate the American Imperialist Empire. There is no way to stop it now. Please evacuate everyone in the vicinity to safety!

While we are waiting for the end to come, do you have problems with retail DVD’s besides downloaded items like what you have posted?

I do not think it is a software problem. If you have not updated your drivers please do so but it really looks like a vid card problem.

What resolution do you use on your monitor?

1680x1050 and i'm pretty sure i've got the most recent drivers

Your card should have no problems with that resolution playing movies. I have seen this problem with games. It is almost always the first sign of a card going bad.

- Remove all bs video codec packs
- Install the updated DirectX
- Remove graphics drivers completely and reinstall newest drivers
- Install haali media splitter codec, coreAVC, nvidia purevideo, powerdvd, quicktime alternative, xvid, ac3 filter, and media player classic

If the problem still persists, your video card is screwed up most likely. Check all cables first to make sure it isn't a bad cable.

Back